I'm making a list of tutorials and tools for texture development. If you have something to add, just send me a pm.
- First you need an image editor. If you have Photoshop you are fine, but GIMP is great too and it's free.
- If you want to create new models you should consider to use a model editor:
- For animated textures there is McCrayFish's Animation Creator
- Tutorials/Creating a resource pack
- youtube/watch?v=0dXLRIsZ5sE (using GIMP)
- Seamless textures with GIMP: https://www.gameartguppy.com/tutorial-how-to-create-a-seamless-texture-in-gimp/
- All details about models and blockstate files: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Model