1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Shaders Guide - How to dramatically improve your MCME screenshots

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by WardenWolf, Jun 15, 2014.

1. WardenWolf

WardenWolf Aspiring Commoner

It depends on the version of the shaders mod. Some have their own independent installer, and others require Forge. 1.7.4 and 1.7.5 have their own installer, which I prefer.

2. Scar__

Scar__ Dirt Conaisseur

Is anyone here good at rendering stuff? (with blender etc)

3. Freshmilkymilk

Freshmilkymilk Aspiring Commoner

Well you can use Chunky, and rendering stuff involves downloading the part of the map you want rendered. So, you really can't do any MCME renders.

Scar__ likes this.
  4. _Luk

_Luk One of Us

Well q could :)

5. TheSpeedy_

TheSpeedy_ Dirt Conaisseur

lol, this was my result after having previously using GLSL shaders in the past on my mac.[​IMG]

Natanyagrad likes this.
  6. Glov

Glov Dirt Conaisseur
    Donor

Well there's your problem

Freshmilkymilk and Will_em like this.
  7. Natanyagrad

Natanyagrad Aspiring Commoner

I use Mac.... Work for me.... Even got some lag thrown into the package.... :p

8. Eriol_Eandur

Eriol_Eandur Designer
    Staff Member Designer Developer Donor Media Team

I tried to use OptiFine (1.7.5 and 1.7.10) but all distant (more than about three chunks) unsolid blocks like leaves are flickering with diagonal stripes. More distant blocks flicker worse. I tried to change a lot of video options( including Fast Render: OFF).
    [​IMG]
    An other problem: Any shader (i tried SEUS in different versions and MineCloud) seem to crash my graphics driver.

Can anyone help me?

#28 Eriol_Eandur, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  9. el_schnarcho

el_schnarcho Yellow flower puncher

@mullerl
    usually i would say that your framerate is too low if blocks start to flicker but you got 55fps what should normaly be enough...
    and since you use the right version of optifine there should be no problem in using shadermods! shaders with high lightreflexes like SEUS require a little bit more beefy PC than the one from your grandmothers basement :) but I can take nice shots with my 3 year old 512mb GC and 6 gb RAM desktopPC ... so you should at least have those stats!
    If you conform this requirements but it still does not work you can try to install Forge (--> http://files.minecraftforge.net/ -- be sure to take the right version) Forge is a moddingAPI, which makes it easier to create/run mods, and also makes sure mods are compatible with each other.

hope this helps! greez :D

10. Eriol_Eandur

Eriol_Eandur Designer
    Staff Member Designer Developer Donor Media Team

@el_schnarcho

Thank you for the help.

With Forge OptiFine is better. The flickering is not vanished but much less.
    Unfortunatly the shaders still are not working. I think my PC could be too old. When switching a shader on i cant leave the schader menu but i can see in the background a scene rendered by the shader. After some 5 to 10 second with locked screen, my operating system resets the graphics driver as it is "not responding".

#30 Eriol_Eandur, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  11. el_schnarcho

el_schnarcho Yellow flower puncher

yeah maybe thats the problem... just check out if uve done all the steps right as explained by @WardenWolf or serach a different possibility on YT where they maybe use a different shadersmod! if this does not help only god or a new machine can help you :D

12. Genexos

Genexos Aspiring Commoner

is there a mod to higher the chunk loading distance?

13. xxLDCxx

xxLDCxx Yellow flower puncher

If you are using a Nvidia Graphics Card, then you will need to disable Multi-Core Chunk Loading and put it on smooth. This should remove the flickering blocks.

If you mean render distance, if i remember correctly you cannot put it further then what is set on the server, which is around 'Far'. However placing the render distance higher can leave chunks loaded for a minimal period of time after moving out of its range i believe.

#33 xxLDCxx, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    gigo09 likes this.