1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

Shadow of Middle Earth lore fails?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jex_Infinite, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Jex_Infinite

Jex_Infinite Aspiring Commoner

So I've been looking into Shadow of Middle Earth.

The aspect of having a wraith makes perfect sense, being tortured to death by Sauron.
    The combination of corpse and wraith makes no sense, especially when the corpse still retains its owner's mind.
    The wraith abilities do not make sense, as they defy logic.

How badly of a lore fail do you think this is, and how will it affect the game?
    They got their Celebrimbor lore pretty good, with Annatar being portrayed accurately from what we've seen so far.

2. Indorilian

Indorilian Yellow flower puncher

Well in a cinematic mount doom is LUSH with plant life, but I have considered it a lore fail for far longer than the cinematic has been out, the video just cemented my opinion.

3. JordD04

JordD04 One of Us
    Donor

On the contrary, Mordor was quite fertile on the south side of Mount Doom. Also, Celebrimbor as a wraith doesn't make much sense at all considering he's an elf and elves go to the halls of Mandos when they die.

Portalrules333, B_n and Glov like this.
  4. Ma5terMinD

Ma5terMinD Yellow flower puncher
    Donor

Maybe they kicked him out or it the halls were crowded?

yodog_117 likes this.
  5. Glov

Glov Dirt Conaisseur
    Donor

I might try playing it. Lotr War in the North wasn't lore accurate, and took some liberties, but it was excellent game (i really like Snowblind Studios). So you might be able to look past the lore inaccuracies of this (which are really rather big from what i can tell). But tbh it also just kind of looks like an Assassins Creed ripoff.