Skyrim

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
  • This weekend 20-21 April the website will be unavailable for a few hours for a scheduled upgrade and maintenance. Estimated time that the site will be unavailable will be around 3 hours.

• This community does not generate revenue and relies on its members and financial contributors to keep it running.

For a complete month, we would need around 235 USD for a break-even situation.

Read more...

What do you think of " i used to be an adventurer like you..." ?

• I want to hear it every time i talk to a guard

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Fuck it!

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

wyliewylie

Aspiring Commoner
Jul 5, 2014
Toronto
You started a thread just to ask that question?
Well whatever, we have a skyrim thread now, might as well share mods you use and discuss in game topics :)

For me, this game is incredible. Probably my favorite game ever honestly, I really need a new PC though because I typically get less than 30 frames :(
And then mods slow it even more.

But for good mods to use, id recommend Helgen Reborn, Interesting NPCs, Inconsequensial NPCs, Frostfall, Realistic needs and diseases, complete whiterun (basically adds way more houses and npcs to make it feel like a city)

Glov

One Of Us
Donor
Mar 1, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoEjvAplB6GaVJjCAwx3fJA
My favorite guy for Skyrim Mod showcases. Like wylie, i need a new pc in order to run all the mods i want, haven't played skyrim in a while, but when i pick it up again, itll be a like whole new game, with mods installed. I've also posted numerous times in the games thread about the Skyrim "mod" that remakes the Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (something im really looking forward to. And, honestly, half of my appreciation of Skyrim is in its Modding Community. The game itself is great, but the bang for your buck you get with all the free Mod content is utterly amazing.

FireFuss

Starting Adventurer
Mar 6, 2014
My favorite guy for Skyrim Mod showcases. Like wylie, i need a new pc in order to run all the mods i want, haven't played skyrim in a while, but when i pick it up again, itll be a like whole new game, with mods installed. I've also posted numerous times in the games thread about the Skyrim "mod" that remakes the Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (something im really looking forward to. And, honestly, half of my appreciation of Skyrim is in its Modding Community. The game itself is great, but the bang for your buck you get with all the free Mod content is utterly amazing.
SKYWIND BABY!!

Ever play morrowind with the "morrowind comes alive" mod? It added over 1000 npcs with all kinds of scripts and gear. Literally added so much stuff. But yea SKYWIND will be freaking awesome. Hopefully they increase the map size because with such a long view distance you'd be able to see nearly all of vvardenfel at once. That fog sure made the island seem bigger

Indorilian

Dirt Conaisseur
Mar 1, 2014
Jersey
SKYWIND BABY!!

Ever play morrowind with the "morrowind comes alive" mod? It added over 1000 npcs with all kinds of scripts and gear. Literally added so much stuff. But yea SKYWIND will be freaking awesome. Hopefully they increase the map size because with such a long view distance you'd be able to see nearly all of vvardenfel at once. That fog sure made the island seem bigger
Also the fact that you walk at like 2 MPH. You literally jump faster than you walk.

Glov

One Of Us
Donor
Mar 1, 2014
I mean, you need to own Morrowind GOTY edition to use the mod (and possibly dragonborn dlc). But i mean, your basically getting a whole new game for free, just from a community of modders, who spend free time to make content for you. Thats one damn fine community of gamers. That's also why i like minecraft, its not a game you buy, play through, and then buy another. Its something that keeps getting new content, and you can just keep coming back to play. It's not like a CoD game that people go through like toothpicks and empty their wallets for. But anyways!

Regarding Skyrim Mods, ENB's. I currently have 2 favorites. Insomnia, and pure light.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58338/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54346/?
They both have rather different atmospheres than the other, but both really change the feel of the world. Combine one of those ENB's with hd textures, and dayum...
Also would recommend Ethereal's Elven overhaul. Really gives the elves a much more foreign feel, making them all the more exotic and inhuman.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24273/?

FireFuss

Starting Adventurer
Mar 6, 2014
Also the fact that you walk at like 2 MPH. You literally jump faster than you walk.
Resist magic 100% for 1second on self
Cast spell, when it works quickly hit inventory button and put on the BOOTS OF BLINDING SPEED!

Now everyone thinks you're all hyped up on skooma!

wyliewylie

Aspiring Commoner
Jul 5, 2014
Toronto
Yeah dude, the modding community is crazy!
Right now theres a huge project in development called "Beyond Skyrim" attempting to create all the provinces as they would be in the time that skyrim takes place in, and have it so you, the Dragonborn can travel to those provinces and complete quests and do everything else.
They are even making their own new soundtrack for each province.
Its actually insane, if it is ever finished, it will likely be about time for the next Elder Scrolls to come out lol.

Heres a video on it made by Gopher (A great YouTuber for skyrim mods and such)

really hope they finish it :)

wyliewylie

Aspiring Commoner
Jul 5, 2014
Toronto
I want to install mods and stuff, But I aint very tech savvy.
Some mods are a little more complecated then just nexus, for example, Requiem (role playing overhaul) requires a bunch of extra stuff I dont understand. Btw, if anyone knows how to install it properly, some help would be great :D

But most mods are very easy, like a click of a button.
If you have troubles with nexus mod manager or anything, id definately recommend watching some of Gopher's tutorials on YouTube. They helped me out a lot :)

Tan_J_a

Aspiring Commoner
Sep 11, 2014
Greifswald, Germany
I really love skyrim and I had it now for about 1 1/2 year
But i keep starting over, then have 4 to 5 chars, then get annoyed by having so many chars and the chars having so many quests ... and THEN i delete them all ... and start over .... again ...
-.-
me and skyrim is wierd ...

So far ive met parthurnax ... some characters ago XD