1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

SMITE - The Battleground of the Gods

Discussion in 'Games' started by 0o0Donald0o0, Jul 24, 2014.

1. 0o0Donald0o0

0o0Donald0o0 Thrall

http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite

[​IMG]

Lets talk about SMITE! First off, it's FREE. It is a DOTA inspired, 3rd person view MOBA where you play as a God from any number of pantheons. All abilities and attacks are free-handed or skill shot based. Game types range from your standard 5v5 team death match (Arena), 1v1 and 3v3 duels (Joust), to the complex Tower & Wave push that the game has been created around (Conquest). Players can unlock all the gods through game-play, or pick-up the god-pack ($30 USD - Best investment ever) which unlocks all current and future gods for use. There are some amazing skins and voice packs that can be purchased as well.

I myself have been playing SMITE for just over 18 months. It's my first MOBA, and I'm in love with it. I main the support role in Conquest, and like to think I'm pretty good. My favorite god is Sobek, Egyptian God of the Nile.

Anywho, feel free to talk about SMITE, epic plays you've made, discussion about the tournament series, post your favorite gods (if you play) or ask any questions you may have. I will do my best to answer.

2. Condor_HW

Condor_HW Aspiring Commoner

I tryed this game out, but people kept leaving games, even more then in dota, so yeah. . .
    It's a fun game anyway.

3. 0o0Donald0o0

0o0Donald0o0 Thrall

Yeah lately things have been getting bad because the game is getting so popular. When I first started playing, you would never find a toxic player, nobody would dodge lobbies, it was a great atmosphere. Now, with way more people playing, unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worse, community wise. The game is sturdy (minus some server stuff... whole new can of worms) and well thought out, extremely fun to play.

lizzy_ likes this.
  4. nevik45

nevik45 Aspiring Commoner

Just want to point out: every MOBA is Dota inspired. I mean, really.

Condor_HW likes this.