1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

So I need laptop ideas

Discussion in 'Tavern Talk' started by BevsForBros, Aug 26, 2014.

1. BevsForBros

BevsForBros Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

My current laptop is getting old and beat up, so I really need a new one. I figured I would post on here and see if anyone had any laptop recommendations. It would also be nice to get recommendations for a place I could look for one with lots of options and good prices.

I'm not really looking for anything top of the line, I don't need a gaming laptop, I have my desktop primarily for that. I don't really have any specific specs in mind, just want something that is a good quality brand that will last me a long time and preferably something not quite as bulky as my current laptop. Sorry I can't really offer anymore specifics of what I'm looking for but hopefully some one can give me some recommendations.

2. bobow95

bobow95 Yellow flower puncher
    Donor

I also need a laptop for uni and I don't want to make a duplicate thread. I would like something reasonably priced that can run games somewhat smoothly (doesn't have to be run games at really high quality)

TheCrackFox likes this.
  3. DarthRagnar

DarthRagnar Yellow flower puncher

I don't have any personal experience with laptops, but these people could probably be of help: http://www.reddit.com/r/suggestalaptop There's lots of good information found in the sidebar links if nothing else.

Lady_of_Rohan likes this.
  4. Glov

Glov Dirt Conaisseur
    Donor

Got a Hp Pavillion Laptop With a Radeon 8450 for like $450 for college. Only been a year, but it still runs fine, and is even half decent for gaming. Not really bulky by my definition, but its survived some drops and bumps. I'd definitely check things out this weekend though, quite a few people are having labor day weekend sales, Hp included i believe.

vShen likes this.
  5. CEFKILLA96

CEFKILLA96 Yellow flower puncher

6. Stokie

Stokie Yellow flower puncher
    Donor

Buy a mac

gigo09, wyliewylie and Freshmilkymilk like this.
  7. wyliewylie

wyliewylie Aspiring Commoner

Yeah, if you don't plan on using it for gaming at all then i would for sure just recommend a mac.

8. vShen

vShen One of Us
    Donor

Yeah, really shouldn't suggest Macs...

Lady_of_Rohan, devilius, _Luk and 2 others like this.
  9. Will_em

Will_em One of Us

I recently bought an msi ge60 for about 1500 dollars aprox. I know it's pricy but I have never been more satisfied from a laptop.

Thing is in my experience (gone over 4 laptops now) laptops don't last very long if you want a bit of gaming on it and of they're under 900 dollars. So to help you guys out, I think you got to figure out a budget.

10. wyliewylie

wyliewylie Aspiring Commoner

The thing is, cheap laptops generally suck.

11. Ghundra

Ghundra Yellow flower puncher
    Donor

I believe stokie was being sarcastic.

gigo09, CEFKILLA96 and Lady_of_Rohan like this.
  12. Top_Gun

Top_Gun Aspiring Commoner

On the non-Mac side of things, ASUS and Lenovo seem to be the best brands at the moment. I helped my brother pick out a Lenovo G50 for college that I wound up being very impressed with.