1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

Soundpack not working?

Discussion in 'Get Help' started by NinjaPotafo, Jun 30, 2014.

1. NinjaPotafo

NinjaPotafo Aspiring Commoner

Ok, so I got tired of listening to the sounds of silence while playing Minecraft and decided to download the Soundpack. I got on here, downloaded 1.1, moved it to my resource packs folder and restarted Minecraft. I then proceeded to turn off all sound except my music and master volume. I went to the resource packs area and moved it to the right hand collumn, turning it on just like any Resource Pack. I then went back to the game and kept playing, until I noticed something. My game was still playing normal Minecraft music! I proceeded to ask around the server for help, and people helped me as best they could, but nothing worked. It's still playing the normal music, not the music it should be. Can someone who has the Soundpack or knows how to, help me? Thank you so much, it really is appreciated. I'll cya'll!

2. Indorilian

Indorilian Yellow flower puncher

I'm not sure ( someone please correct me) but I'm pretty sure all the music and other sounds are under the other sound option, so you could trying turning on the game sound and music

3. MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman Yellow flower puncher

Unless it's been updated the MCME Soundpack is a joke (an in-joke). =p

4. Wodleth

Wodleth Designer
    Staff Member Designer Donor

The soundpack doesn't replace all minecraft music, there are still normal music in there, mixed with Lotr music. I think there's about 4 custom Lotr songs

5. Indorilian

Indorilian Yellow flower puncher

More like 20 something, I went through and counted once.

6. Top_Gun

Top_Gun Aspiring Commoner

I think I remember seeing something about newer resource pack updates supporting per-location music, so would it be theoretically possible to replicate the functions of the MatmosMCME mod using a sound pack?

7. Portalrules333

Portalrules333 Yellow flower puncher

Soundpack never seems to work for me either. However, since most people have used it I guess it works sometimes. Good luck with figuring it out,
    Ninja.

8. Broadbelt_Tugrim

Broadbelt_Tugrim Aspiring Commoner

could someone link the pack?

9. DarthRagnar

DarthRagnar Yellow flower puncher

You can find the soundpack and our resource packs here.