Star Citizen

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

nevik45

Yellow Flower Puncher
Mar 2, 2014
Talk about Star Citizen! If you get an IDRIS, please say.

Calusifa

Aspiring Commoner
Donor
Mar 6, 2014
Cutlass here.
You guys check out how much detail there is on the gradual destruction of ships? It's crazy

nevik45

Yellow Flower Puncher
Mar 2, 2014
I wish I had enough money that I could just buy someone an Idris

DSESGH

Manual Treebuilder
Mar 2, 2014
Does anybody know if there's any info about what the rating will probably be (when it's released)? I was looking, and found that Chris Roberts said it would be a Star Wars-ish rating, but most of the community seems to want more Mature content. Just curious since this would impact my ability to buy the game.

imtheproof

Yellow Flower Puncher
Donor
Mar 3, 2014
Does anybody know if there's any info about what the rating will probably be (when it's released)? I was looking, and found that Chris Roberts said it would be a Star Wars-ish rating, but most of the community seems to want more Mature content. Just curious since this would impact my ability to buy the game.
I'd expect the rating to be M in North America and PEGI 16/18+ or w/e in Europe. Unlike major publisher released games, they aren't building the game around "Teen" or "Mature" etc. to get the most sales possible. They are going to build the best game they can and probably not care about it. It would limit them if they went for a Teen or lower rating.

nevik45

Yellow Flower Puncher
Mar 2, 2014
I think they should make two versions: one that is Teen, where they take out some of the more violent features, and then go wild and make one Mature.

imtheproof

Yellow Flower Puncher
Donor
Mar 3, 2014
I think they should make two versions: one that is Teen, where they take out some of the more violent features, and then go wild and make one Mature.
That'd be a waste of time and money. The most I can see them doing is having some sort of "gore enabled/disabled" option (if there is gore in the first place). They're building the game they want - like I said, they haven't given off the impression that they care too much about ratings (ratings are almost completely bullshit anyway).

nevik45

Yellow Flower Puncher
Mar 2, 2014
Will it even be rated? Some games that aren't on disks dont get rated.

07smithle

Aspiring Commoner
Donor
Mar 1, 2014
Have you guys made a corporation yet? if so send me a link or someting
I have the aurora ln

imtheproof

Yellow Flower Puncher
Donor
Mar 3, 2014
It's been a while, but there's a huge news update as of a couple minutes ago.

For those who don't know, during PAX East CIG announced that they are changing the "Dog Fighting Module" (DFM) to "Arena Commander". It basically is the DFM, but juiced up a bit. It's a section that's going to be implemented into hangars on launch. You can use your ships in simulated combat scenarios with matchmaking and stats/leaderboards. In the Persistent Universe (PU) this will NOT put risk to your ship. It's simply for combat training and 'fun'.

So, the news:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13919-Arena-Commander-Build-Update

The final Release Candidate (RC) for Arena Commander passed testing a bit earlier and they are putting the build together and sending out information to their server providers.

Arena Commander, barring unforeseen problems, will be available "later tonight", or in a couple hours.