Strategy Game Suggestions

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Suggestions?

• Total voters

Fireinferno13

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
United States
Looking for a new strategy game.

Needs to be available on the app store or steam.

Really liked Battle for Middle Earth II so looking for something similar.

Also liked Rise of Legends.

Preferably cheap.

Go.

Aule_

Manual Treebuilder
Donor
May 18, 2014
United Kingdom
luckylarv.imgur.com
if you mean the original total war Rome, then it's a masterpiece, I can never get bored of it. the newer one is also good battles and graphics are beautiful but they have over simplified the micromanagement bit . I would recommend shogun 2 total war as well.

I've also played endless legends and endless space. both good RTS 4x's also galactic civ 2 is a nice one to play. with galactic civ 3 currenlty in development.

another game which I recommend, it's not 100% strategy as it's also RPG is mount and blade war band. there's plenty of mods to make it fun for eternity

Glov

One Of Us
Mar 1, 2014
If you're looking for something similar to BfMe II, Civ V and TW are the wrong places to be looking. I would recommend Age of Empires II for a medieval experience or Grey Goo for a Sci-fi experience.
Or for scifi, the Dawn of War series.

And of course there's always Warcraft 3, but Age of empires is more similar to bfme than warcaft, which is still a decent enough game.