Texture Suggestions

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
  • Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

BWOT

Head Builder
Staff member
Head Designer
Designer
Donor
Jul 31, 2016
U.S.A. , NYC
Languages
English, German, French
Can somebody texture me a manhole cover for the sewers of DA?

ryttyr

Hardcore MCME-er
Commoner
Apr 22, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Languages
English and Swedish
Can somebody texture me a manhole cover for the sewers of DA?
As a side note to this, remember that a pre-medieval manhole like those of the Roman era would quite likely have looked vastly different from our modern ones.

Milarwen

Hardcore MCME-er
Aug 3, 2016
Languages
Englsih, Norwegian.
I can take a crack at that manhole. Pun intended. :) Im at work now bit ill give it a shot when i get home.

RubenPieterMark

Hardcore MCME-er
Media Team
Mar 12, 2016
The glorious Kingdom of the Netherlands
Languages
Dutch, English, French, German
How do you imagine this though? Talking about getting inside the sewers. Using a full block would block it off obv. Why not just keep the trap doors, isn't this exactly the purpose of trap doors?

Merluin

Hardcore MCME-er
Commoner
Jul 23, 2017
Eastern-Flanders, Belgium
Languages
Dutch, French and English
How do you imagine this though? Talking about getting inside the sewers. Using a full block would block it off obv. Why not just keep the trap doors, isn't this exactly the purpose of trap doors?
I can take a crack at that manhole. Pun intended. :) Im at work now bit ill give it a shot when i get home.
U could work with the new 1.13 pack, because there we have more trapdoors

Milarwen

Hardcore MCME-er
Aug 3, 2016
Languages
Englsih, Norwegian.
I could but i think, if may, be working on landscape textures.

Fraspace5

Artist
Artist
Sep 16, 2017
Italy
Languages
English,Italiano
could you create real railings?
Instead of using fences.
8471d0a976eb2c65606af2b46b027fd2.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
images.jpeg

Lindolas

Assistant
Staff member
Assistant
Artist
Mar 4, 2017
Languages
English
For the urps, could we make the textures a bit brighter? At least for the terrain. Not a problem if you use shaders, but in vanilla, the current packs are a bit dark. At least to have the brightness levels of default.

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
The idea of URPS (unified resource pack structure) is not to change textures but put put textures like cobblestone that are used in all resource packs at the same block everywhere.

Lindolas

Assistant
Staff member
Assistant
Artist
Mar 4, 2017
Languages
English
What I ment was just to make grass blocks and grass (and other plants so it all matches up) a bit brighter.

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
Why don't you just increase your brightness?

Lindolas

Assistant
Staff member
Assistant
Artist
Mar 4, 2017
Languages
English
Why don't you just increase your brightness?
Ingame brightness? That only works for interiors/caves. For monitor brightness I have it set just right. If I increase it, then everything else is overbright.

Last edited:

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
I was speaking of ingame brightness. I didn't even know it works for reduced light levels only :D

I never felt like plants are not bright enough. But it's worth a try ;)

Lindolas

Assistant
Staff member
Assistant
Artist
Mar 4, 2017
Languages
English
Ye, ingame brightnes only effects dark levels. It's actually all the green stuff that makes it look a day time a bit darker, like a dark cloudy day. But if we change the grass color then probably we'll have to adjust the colors for grass, leaves, all the flowers, vines,... so it's all consitant. But it's not such a big deal, and no need to bother with it, if it would take too much time. :)