Texturers, look here!

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Wodleth

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
Sweden
Languages
Swedish, English
Hello everyone,

I will be organizing the progress of our resource packs from now on and we're in need of good texturers. If you think you have the talent we need, please send me a personal message here on the forums with a sample texture of your liking!

If you are good enough, I will contact you and get you up to date with the rest of the guys.

Good luck and I hope to see some great stuff from the community!

DSESGH

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 2, 2014
Seems like a good place to post this - could somebody retexture a painting to a bow? I'm not sure which painting could be replaced, but the bow is desperately needed, especially in the Gondor and perhaps Rohan packs. I have recently built two armories and a ranger cave where the only option was to leave empty shelves or to put bows in item frames, both being less than ideal. We could also put bows in village houses to represent hunting bows, in addition to the paintings being placed in barracks and armories. If someone is willing to do it, this texture would improve many buildings throughout Gondor! Thank you!

The_AWOL

Dirt Conaisseur
Donor
Mar 2, 2014
the bow is desperately needed!
Agreed. Loth pack has a decent bow that occupies slot 7. It would be really easy to just copy that over. I still think it would be better to make a new one though, since that one looks kinda elvish.

Wodleth

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
Sweden
Languages
Swedish, English
Already some good ideas, I'll organize a Google document for requests and ideas once I get home.
A news post about the resourcepacks is a great idea, might throw something out once we have a few new textures!

DynoDaring

Head Enforcer
Staff member
Head Enforcer
Donor
Mar 1, 2014
@wodleth you may wanna see what can be done with new Footprint textures in the 3 other packs?
Activator rail in Gondor/Rohan appears to be the only one open
All rail but plain seems open in Lothlorien.

EDIT: guess I should hyave rephrased that to what's used lol

Last edited:

Finrod_Amandil

hon. Head Designer
Mar 2, 2014
Switzerland
www.elbisch.ch
Languages
German (native), English, French
@wodleth you may wanna see what can be done with new Footprint textures in the 3 other packs?
Activator rail in Gondor/Rohan appears to be the only one open
All rail but plain seems open in Lothlorien.
probs the powered versions of the powered rail and activator rail, or unpowered and powered activator rail

Fireinferno13

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
United States
So I tried something, thoughts?

I want to change the pickaxe color as well, but for some reason the program Im using doenst have an ink brush to make that easy, but if you like em, I can make the arrangements

Last edited:

Fireinferno13

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
United States
I made a variation, which do people like better?

(eriador - rohan - loth - gondor - mordor - soundpack)

I think these are better and more fun :)

Last edited:

lizzy_

Assistant
Staff member
Assistant
Mar 1, 2014
Aus
Languages
English
Hmm, an idea could be to remove the pick and just have the images in the rings, makes it clearer to see the image of the packs c:

lizzy_

Assistant
Staff member
Assistant
Mar 1, 2014
Aus
Languages
English
You can mess about with these if you like c:

Fireinferno13

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
United States
As per request of @Finrod_Amandil , here is a side by side with more lore appropriate colors
old:

new:

I am not sure if I will attempt the ones with purely rings as I am pretty satisfied myself with the current ones. I think the pickaxe adds some fun depth to the icon and that the pictures within are visible enough where it is easy to distinguish the location and what region it belongs to (@SugarKoala )

Last edited: