1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

The Therapy Thread

Discussion in 'Publicly Accessible (Unlisted node)' started by spike010, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spike010

spike010 Yellow flower puncher

We've all got problems, some big, some small. This thread is for you to, if you want, open up about these things and get some advice from other members.

2. Malkizid

Malkizid Aspiring Commoner

I seriously don't think this is a good idea for a couple of reasons. This forum is neither anonymous nor a particularly private place; there is a marked difference between therapy and advice, and it makes more sense to me to
    privately contact someone you trust if you wish to talk ... perhaps that's just me, though. It would be far too easy for this thread to turn into an unintentional series of self-righteous statements and empty platitudes.

Then again, perhaps I misjudge people.

3. spike010

I saw a similar thread on another forum; it worked perfectly well. If someone is uncomfortable with posting here, then I'm not forcing them to.

4. Malkizid

Malkizid Aspiring Commoner

Fair enough. As I said, simply my opinion. Time will tell either way.

spike010 likes this.
  5. Will_em

Will_em One of Us

I have to say, I aggree with malk.

This is mcme, not imgur or tumblr or hotline suicide or shrink palace. It's mcme. If someone genuinly has problems, there are far better, more private, solutions to go to. Even if mcme is your safe haven away from your troubles, I'm sure you can talk it out on private messages. And I would advice doing that to everyone that has any serious problems.

6. Condor_HW

Condor_HW Aspiring Commoner

Kinda agree with Will and Malk, also there are always people who think this is a good place to have some fun, this is an example of what is gonna happen.
    My nose is itchy, realy need some help or advise...
    It's kinda gonna spoil the whole idee of it.

CEFKILLA96 likes this.
  7. spike010

Well, I see your points of view. This thread was a bad idea, so can it be locked, please?

8. Ghundra

Ghundra Yellow flower puncher
    Donor

We're not here to be your therapist, thread locked.

superminer4563, djax74 and vShen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.