1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

Finished Update of Gondor2 resource pack

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Eriol_Eandur, Oct 25, 2017.

1. slaMoria

slaMoria Yellow flower puncher

Custom inventory ? the one which only apply in Dol Amroth ? ... Too bad.

2. Eriol_Eandur

Eriol_Eandur Designer
    Staff Member Designer Developer Donor Media Team

What do you mean?

3. slaMoria

slaMoria Yellow flower puncher

That you can't get them in other rps.

4. Eriol_Eandur

Eriol_Eandur Designer

We can use them in all rps, but so far there are not more than 7 door textures in the other packs. We are planning to have custom inventories for all packs. But first we need to finish this Gondor pack.

lolbroek108 likes this.
  5. Finrod_Amandil

Finrod_Amandil Head Designer
    Staff Member Head Designer Designer Donor Media Team

If it's really painting causing the most lag, and regarding the fact 1.13 will give us many (from the things i saw in the snapshot over 700 new solid full blocks from noteblock and mushroom block blockstates) we could make "drawer block" which basically would be a regular block with the painting's texture on one side. Just an idea for now, it would require some more investigation on whether it's really the paintings causing the most lag, else it probs is not worth the change.

6. barteldvn

barteldvn Foreman
    Foreman

I did talk to Eriol, he told me paintings wouldn't cause too much lag. However I think there are many opertunities with those new blocks that we can use to make more textures and such.

lolbroek108 likes this.
  7. Lindolas

Lindolas Aspiring Commoner

Itemframes are more problematic. I've seen a lot of use of them for chairs. I remember some time ago when I was ruining in moria and was quite laggy for me due to chairs in a dinning room. After getting rid of them, it was smooth again.

Also, I think i saw prismarine blocks still default in g2 pack and they could be used for some furniture textures and then all the tudor blocks.

#47 Lindolas, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    lolbroek108 likes this.
  8. ryttyr

ryttyr Yellow flower puncher

Paintings have only one polygon, signs has six, an empty itemframes has 14 polygons and unarmored armorstands have 60 polygons including their stand and arms. Paintings, itemframes and armorstands are all entities and has to have their positions calculated. Signs are entity blocks simmilar to chests and have thus a defined static position. And this is all based on my own observations so please correct me if I'm wrong on some point.

9. ryttyr

ryttyr Yellow flower puncher

Monster spawners I haven't really looked at yet but I'd guess they have the same polygon count as a vanilla glass block (6) plus the polygons of the entity displayed inside.

lolbroek108 likes this.
  10. Eriol_Eandur

Eriol_Eandur Designer

I did quite extensive tests to compare mob spawners with armorstands displayed and just armorstands. Results were not clear, for some players mobspawners were more laggy and for others free armorstands.

ryttyr and lolbroek108 like this.