1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

what version of mine craft is the server on?

Discussion in 'Get Help' started by Aule_, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Aule_

Aule_ Dirt Conaisseur
    Donor

hey tried to reconnect to the server after a long time away. but having trouble what version is the server on just in case that's my problem

thx

2. DynoDaring

DynoDaring Head Enforcer
    Staff Member Head Enforcer

1.10 but 1.11 works also

3. RubenPieterMark

RubenPieterMark Dirt Conaisseur
    Media Team

I think it works on 1.8+

4. Finrod_Amandil

Finrod_Amandil Head Designer
    Staff Member Head Designer Designer Donor Media Team

Yeah login with 1.8 clients is seemingly possible but not most likely very buggy. Recommended is 1.10.2 as that is what the server version is.

5. q220

q220 Eru Iluvatar
    Staff Member

Effectively as of this time it is on 1.10.2. But older clients are supported, so are new ones.

More detailed:

Clients on 1.4.7, any 1.5 or 1.6 or 1.7 or 1.8 or 1.9 version can join, but there may be issues (no automatic resource packs for example or getting disconnected every once and a while). The older support may be dropped though when the issues become too problematic for the clients, and they will be encouraged to update.

The newer clients such as 1.11 can also join, but with reduced functionality (no new blocks or functions).