1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8.1 Minecraft

Discussion in 'Get Help' started by Demonataz, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Demonataz

Demonataz Designer
    Staff Member Designer Donor

Recently got a new computer, but having trouble getting minecraft to work. Looked online and said to update drivers which i have done. Ive still got the problem, wondered if anyone could shed some light on the situation. Launcher starts fine but when i hti play i get he following error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.util.PropertiesUtil.<init>(PropertiesUtil.java:71)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.util.PropertiesUtil.<clinit>(PropertiesUtil.java:31)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.status.StatusLogger.<clinit>(StatusLogger.java:48)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:44)
    at bao.<clinit>(SourceFile:84)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:72)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.util.ProviderUtil.<clinit>(ProviderUtil.java:70)
    ... 6 more
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Using incremental CMS is deprecated and will likely be removed in a future release

thanks in advance!
    demon

2. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

There's your problem. You need to somehow downgrade your copy of java. Minecraft is using deprecated function (AKA being terrible). on a side note, is this the installed version or the launcher that you are using because the installed version doesn't work for me either :p

3. Ivan1pl

Ivan1pl Designer
    Staff Member Designer Developer

That shouldn't be the problem, I get the same warning but minecraft works fine. Maybe try to remove your .minecraft directory (was it copied from old computer?). If that doesn't work, can I see full log? And what game versions did you try?