Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
  • This weekend 20-21 April the website will be unavailable for a few hours for a scheduled upgrade and maintenance. Estimated time that the site will be unavailable will be around 3 hours.

• This community does not generate revenue and relies on its members and financial contributors to keep it running.

For a complete month, we would need around 235 USD for a break-even situation.

Read more...

kyzcool

Yellow Flower Puncher
Mar 1, 2014
South Wales, United Kingdom
I wanted to make a thread about this game. I've just finished the game after playing it for 72 hours straight, done the main quest and a lot of side missions along the way. I must say, it is one of my favorite games of all times, easily.

I wanted to see if anyone else has played it, and what they made of it so far, and if anyone wanted make a comment about it. I'm sure, especially with many PC players and the hype surrounding it that surely many if not some of you have played it.

I had a blast, and I hope that anyone else playing this as well has a blast, or is still having one. 10/10, best game of the year so far.

Also, if you wish to discuss major quests, Story missions or the Ending, please please please use the spoiler system for text, so anyone interested doesn't get ruined. Its a great story, and would highly experience it yourself.

Let the discussion begin!

P.S also, share any Easter eggs of the game you find, there are many!

Last edited:

Indorilian

Dirt Conaisseur
Mar 1, 2014
Jersey
I.... still have to finish the first one.... and the second one..... then build a new pc that can run the 3rd one.......

kyzcool

Yellow Flower Puncher
Mar 1, 2014
South Wales, United Kingdom
The game is based on books, so if you like the story you should read them! The Witcher by Andrzej Sapkowski.
Yep, I know. :D

I do need to read them, they are the build up story about Geralt's past up until the beginning of the first Witcher. However, Andrzej Sapkowski says that the witcher games aren't cannon with his book series. Still need to give them a read though!

Mind, I also say that the sole story of this game, away from the books and previous games is incredible. Love the references to the books though and previous games.

gigo09

Dirt Conaisseur
Mar 1, 2014
Sweden
scan.se
Yeah, this game is freaking amazing. I've spent so much time on it. You load up the game thinking "Okay, now let's plow through some main story missions", you jump on roach and set off to the destination and what should take you 5 minutes take you 2 hours as you meet traveling merchants telling you about stone trolls in the mountains. So you set off on a detour and find yourself trapped in sidequest which is equally as fun to play as the main story.

I just love this game.

Glov

One Of Us
Mar 1, 2014
For those who have not yet played it, i thought it might be nice to throw out some suggestions.
I just finished my first play through and i'm already going to start a second. I was considering waiting until the next expansions to do another play through, but found myself feeling i had missed too much in my first.
Quite a few are probably repeats of what some others have said before, but whatever.
1.) Graphics: If your rig can handle it, i'd install a fx preset. I did my entire first play through in vanilla and it was beautiful. But just starting a new one with Uber fidelity suite 2, and it's hotter than hot. Makes me less pissed about the E3 downgrades.

2.)Subtitles off. When i had subtitles on i found myself reading the text faster than the actors could speak their lines, and skipping speaking in order to read through. Disabling dialogue encourages you to look at the characters during scenes, and to listen to the hard work the voice actors put in. Not to mention, it really does help with immersion.

3.)In regards to the above. DON'T SKIP DIALOGUE. I wish i could disable it to remove the temptation. But its easy to get into the habit of skipping dialogue to get to the points and back out slaying ghouls. Maybe some people enjoy that kind of game play, but you can draw so much more from the game by just taking the time to listen.

4.)Everyone agrees on this. Deathmarch is the way to go. Even if you end up getting shrekt learning the basics in White Orchard. You appreciate it later on when you get the hang of things. You can change the difficulty at any time of course. But i'd start on Deathmarch and stick with it.

5.)Clear White Orchard. In my opinion, White Orchard is the best region in the game. You can clear the entire region in 2-3 hours before moving on. It's of course a good place to get the hang of combat before throwing yourself into Velen. But it's got some of the coolest contracts. Besides, it's not really worth returning to when your a higher level, so if your a completionist, i'd get it done first thing.

6.)Wait to get a letter of safe conduct. I ended up rushing to the border post and getting papers to enter Novigrad and Oxenfurt rather early. Something i kind of regret. Take the time to explore the countryside and villages before entering the cities. It's weird to limit yourself in an open world, but it's worth it to do some contracts, and main story in the area.

7.) Limit use of fast travel. Some people make strict no fast travel rules for themselves. Which is a nice idea, but in some cases is frustratingly boring. Especially in Skellige, when boating to another island isn't nearly as fun as taking a horse ride in the open country. Balance it yourself, but when you need to get somewhere, i'd first entertain the idea of riding there, you have no idea what you'll encounter along the way.

8.) Disable the minimap. Helpful, but distracting. I'm an immersion guy, so i disable most hud features, and scale any that i keep. But the minimap is the most annoying. Witcher senses are guide enough during most quests. But with the minimap i feel like i'm staring at the dotted line more than i'm looking down the actual road. Just another feature that, although useful, really takes away from game play without you noticing for a while.

9.) Follow the quest level recommendations. You will get Shrekt if your too low level, and you will get bored if your too high a level. Work on the lower level quests in your region until you only have higher ones left. Then move onto the next region, and tackle appropriate ones there. It's not as if one region is low level, another is medium, and another is high. They all have a mix. So there's always reason to return to region when you've reach a higher level. It's generally better to do the rounds than to fly back and forth across the map. Especially if your limiting fast travel. ;p

10.)Play gwent. It's nice when you need a break from combat, and it gives your rig a bit of a break too. Really i paid $60 for a Gwent game, and the Witcher is just a nice minigame.

11.) #TeamYen

Hope some of this was helpful.
Best $60 I've ever spent.

Indorilian

Dirt Conaisseur
Mar 1, 2014
Jersey
So. After 80 hours of gameplay, I discovered that I messed up and didn't import my choices from witcher 2 because the save files are stupidly ordered. So I missed out on MY story. FML. Time to start again......

Glov

One Of Us
Mar 1, 2014
Saw this on Reddit, and now I need an ultrawide monitor.
Now I feel like I missed most of the game playing on my peasant screen.
11893738_788833234562561_2141285378507888711_o.jpg

Glov

One Of Us
Mar 1, 2014
Maybe because its hosted on CDProjekt's forums. I had to sign into my account there to view them.
More Updated screenshots from the mod with VGX comparisons.
Super Turbo Lighting Mod
rlNZzpN.jpg

Witcher 3 VGX Trailer
0DEj9MY.jpg
Super Turbo Lighting Mod
b4XH1M0.jpg

Witcher 3 VGX Trailer
kWA5gaE.jpg