• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Build Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atanatar66

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
What is this?

i7FCTV4.png

What is the point of all the quality control and build restrictions if something is accepted to be built that was surpassed two years ago for funsies. The top windmill looks like it was cobbled together by a maimed hamster.

Have we shifted from tremendous quality work to "hi guyz thanks for lettin me build <3 <3 <3"??? I want to return to the MCME quality of old and none of this unacceptable building.

If any architect had designed that windmill 500 years ago they would have had their hands lopped off. I've seen people punished for following (incorrect) orders that they couldn't have known were incorrect but someone builds that and isn't punished, wtf?

Also can we please improve on the 3 wide arches that are used in EVERY building. (although maybe if the top mill had them it wouldn't look like a phallic piece of crap).

Thanks for reading.

~At

I wanna know who built that penis windmill now

Serious note - build quality is, for the most part, maintained across the server. However as you pointed out, some builds do slip through the cracks as their is a very fine balance between community involvement and letting the best builders build (I would know as former staff). If we wanted purely the best stuff, we would let like, only 5 of the best builders build literally everything while the rest of the community (like Hurin) is forced to sit in a chair far far away and simply watch.

The three-wide arches thing is obviously a problem that has probs been amplified somehow in gondor

Side note - who are you?

Last edited:
While I agree entirely on the striking quality difference, I think there was a much more reasonable method to approach the issue rather than the way you presented things. It does no good to lash out and name-call for a simple mistake. While that windmill (and possibly others) went under someones radar at whatever point this was constructed -as it may not have been checked thoroughly-, there is a fairly consistent look over various builds all over the server at times to see what can be improved. There is a reason Hobbiton and more was completely reconstructed many many times so far. At this very moment there is an ongoing project to improve the flora of that primordial location for MCME that should by all accounts be "perfected".

The possible problem with three arch building has been discussed just recently in a separate thread, but has boiled down to much of exactly what you point out with the mill. So as to assure a basic level of quality and cohesion from not completely trusted builders that could go just enough of course to cause something like this to occur, the style is reinforced. it's an age old and trusted fall-back that tones down micro-management.

What is this?

i7FCTV4.png

What is the point of all the quality control and build restrictions if something is accepted to be built that was surpassed two years ago for funsies. The top windmill looks like it was cobbled together by a maimed hamster.

Have we shifted from tremendous quality work to "hi guyz thanks for lettin me build <3 <3 <3"??? I want to return to the MCME quality of old and none of this unacceptable building.

If any architect had designed that windmill 500 years ago they would have had their hands lopped off. I've seen people punished for following (incorrect) orders that they couldn't have known were incorrect but someone builds that and isn't punished, wtf?

Also can we please improve on the 3 wide arches that are used in EVERY building. (although maybe if the top mill had them it wouldn't look like a phallic piece of crap).

Thanks for reading.

~At
If that second windmill was wood, I would tear out the top one with my bare hands and stuff the old one onto the foundation.

This is an irrelevant comparison. The windmill on the top is one of the worse builds on the build server, and the bottom one is certainly one of the best of two years ago. I am absolutely sure that our builds now are better than the ones two years ago. Even looking at that building behind the tb windmill, our current builds are better without question.
Please, if you say avoid 3 wide arches, make something better. People have expressed their opinions about how our builds are too this or not enough that, but have not built anything better. Personally, I will not be convinced by someone's argument unless they can prove they are right with a build.
Perhaps though, you are just identifying differences. Our build style has certainly changed/improved in the past two years, so maybe you're just wanting to come back to the exact same build style as when you left. In the case of the windmill, I'll agree that the old build is better. However, I don't think that's the case for other builds.

I'm locking this thread due to the minecraft account "Atanatar66" not existing. If you want to give feedback on the builds on the server I recommend posting with a forum account that is actually connected to a real minecraft account such as the one that you joined the server with for less than an hour over a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.