• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #25/16 - PVP is back!

qzremzy-png.5157

Opening Statement

Welcome to another edition of the MCME Times, and the first since PVP IS BACK! That's right, it was reopened to the public a few days ago! The games are a load of fun (if I do say so myself).

And with that, you can sit back, relax, and prepare to be updated on the latest happenings in the community called Minecraft Middle-earth.​

What's Up?

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

On the north side of Andrast jacen added some sandy peaks and also just completed one half of a large valley between two mountains (see imgur album above). @Wroxxite was in the process of moving this week, so he understandably didn't make much progress.

-jacenpeter
Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @kisos

Kisos is on vacation I believe, so there hasn't been too much progress in Anfalas this week. In general though, the finishing touches are being added, and hopefully this region will be finished soon!​

Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

Lots of progress in Belfalas this week! Finrod checked prism, and there were over the max - 200 pages - of block edits in the region. So, voxeling has continued, and there has been more progress on the villages.
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @Eriol_Eandur

No progress this week.
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Finrod_Amandil

Today I managed to conclude the fine terraforming, without smoothing though, and soon the sand will at last turn into stone and afterwards into the many a kind of materials found in these mountains.

-Finrod_Amandil
Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

Our World Machining and voxeling t-rex is working on adding rivers and trees to the island of Tolfalas. @Thijs1801 also fixed the derpy coastline caused by the paste.
Valleys of Celos and Sirith (In Progress) - Lead: @Fireinferno13

Terrain is coming along nicely! Unfortunately Luk is still tied up with exams but otho may join in and take a swing at a mountain or two in the meantime. As for me? I worked on continuing the Celos river, specifically the terrain around the next small village. Hopefully this will be ready soon and will open up some community jobs!

-Fireinferno13
[Public Project] Fennas Drúnin (In Progress) - Lead: @thomasd_17

Thomas is finishing up the keep. All that's left are some farms and a road, so Fennas should be finished up this week!​

Plugin Development
Animation Plugin (In Progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

No major updates this week.
Plotbuild Plugin (Small fixes in progress) - Devs: @Eriol_Eandur & @Ivan1pl

No major updates this week.​

New New Player World (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur, Assistance: @_Luk

No major updates this week.​

MCME-Architect and Minigames (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

With Eriol I had one hopefully last look at the Architect plugin, decided to add one more important thing regarding who can create and edit/delete banner and armorstand files. More ideas are available, but we both agreed to really push the plugin towards release now.

-Finrod_Amandil
PVP Server (Open) - Dev: @DSESGH

As mentioned before, PVP IS BACK! Watch event.mcmiddleearth.com for times to play! (If the ip redirects to build for you, use event.mcmiddleearth.com:27565).

For those of you who have played before, I think I've fixed the notorious respawn bug, and along with it the score bug. @NicTheFifth and @Thijs1801 are also working on adding an unruined Weathertop map and a Mt. Gram map!​

Resource Packs
Mordor Pack (In Progress) - Lead: @bender400

I found a note next to my blender that said:

New mordor roofing textures as well as a glass texture and a morgul flower texture! (more are coming soon).

(-bender400)

I also found the picture of those sweet Mordor textures you see in the imgur album. Not quite sure who gave me the picture, but it sure looks good.​

Mobs (In Progress) - Creator: @Fireinferno13

No progress this week, as Fire was too busy with work.
3D Models (In Progress) - Creator: @NEEPcrafter

NEEPcrafter has made some very nice 3D models which can be viewed in his thread HERE. My favorite one has got to be the water lily texture:

i7kAmFNl.png

Rank Updates

@ooitsbirdo is again a part of the Purple Legion.
Media of the Week

We had a rare double-submission of screenshots this week, from both @DarthRagnar and @RubenPieterMark. So, I picked one screenshot from each set to showcase:

Cyen Manor (from Darth)
gugazqp-png.6442

Minas Tirith (from Ruben)
TWmuDptg.png

Fanfiction #4: The Destruction of Ar-Pharazôn the Golden by "Alcina"

By request of @samgamgee10, here's a fanfiction about Numenor. This one is about how Sauron managed to corrupt Numenor to follow him. It has a total of 4 chapters, so a bit of a long one. Read how ever much you want.

Link to the story: The Destruction of Ar-Pharazôn the Golden

What sort of fanfiction would you like to see next time? Post below!​

Upcoming

Themed Build

Coming soon!​

Scheduled Events

Audiobook

Coming soon!​

Jobs & Plotbuilds

Scheduled Saturday Jobs seem to be suffering a bit from @Finrod_Amandil's extra time spent studying. But, if there are to be any jobs on Saturday, they will be announced in this thread. Be sure to ask Designers for jobs at any time, maybe they can offer something!​

Nic's Tours

@NicTheFifth did his weekly tour earlier today (this morning for me), and @DroogJuice did his trial tour shortly afterwards. I assume they went well, as usual. As for next week, keep an eye on Nic's thread for the next announcement.
Community Outreach

Builder School (New!)

Several players have gotten together to rebuild and update @Will_em 's famous Builder School, which sought to teach new players how to build in the distinctive "MCME Style." We are all looking forward to how this will turn out!​

Facebook Page

@Fireinferno13 would like to know what YOU want to see on the MCME Facebook page. He would greatly appreciate if you would leave your feedback here or in THIS thread.​

Closing Statement

Just like Britain left the EU, you are now leaving the Times. Hopefully both you and Britain enjoyed the thing you are leaving to the same extent (or hopefully not? I don't know).

And with that, I'll end the Times with an XKCD:

single_ladies.png

. .

Last edited:
Some of you may or may not know that I am making a Gondor Completion Firework Display (which is why I have been a designer at some points). The display it not finished yet and I still need to get all the fireworks to do what I want them to do, but here is a short recording of a couple of parts. Sorry about the bad quality.
View media item 2091