• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

How to put MCME in your resumé (legit)

Will_em

One Of Us, One of Us
Credits
XP
Hey dear guys and galls,

It's uncle Will with another useful post about something that you might run into when you get to job interviews.

Little backstory:

I applied for a job at Deloitte a couple of months ago. On my resumé I added MCME as a hobby and got me some useful remarks from the feedback I got. I decided to share them with you.

First of all:

Why would you put MCME on your resume?

Employers like to know how people work and how you can work in a team. MCME is just that: teamwork. The more you have done around here, the more you can use MCME as an example to explain how you work. It's a great hobby to add on your resume.

Bonuses:
You can work with people from different countries.
The experience you get from talking to each other on discord and getting to learn different cultures around the globe, is a huge plus compared to people who haven't. Knowing that the Dutch are direct, the Italians are emotional, and the US are big dreamers, helps a lot. Plus you get to practice your English which is another way to show what you can do.

You learn how to work online.
So many colleagues of mine cannot work with skype or via the internet because they aren't used to it. Having a meeting via a call is different than having it face to face. With the staff meetings I attended, I have learnt to keep efficient meetings via the internet, and has helped me a lot. Even without me realising it at the time.

You meet people from different countries.
Which means that if you want to work abroad, you already know someone there that you can have a drink with. Knowing that you'll already have a friend if you have to work internationally is really nice. At least if you get to that point.

You learn how to manage projects.
I have to manage real life projects on a daily basis and I basically do them the same way I did as a staff member. Doing prep, assigning work, fixing a timeplanning, etcetera. You'd be surprised how many project managers are worse at their jobs than the staff members around here are. This is also something that you can mention if they would ask about your work methods on a job interview.

You can have an affinity with IT related things.
All jobs require you to work with PC's nowadays. Being able to show that you were part of a server, shows the employers that you're not all too clumsy with computers. It highlighted my affinity for IT and partially landed me a job.

What not to do:
Do not exaggerate and keep it simple.

Do not lie and say you did it all by your own. Or that you were the boss of everything. They do not want to hear that even if you were the boss and did it solo.

So all in all, I hope this might give you guys some insights on how to use MCME for your resume or job interview. Whilst this won't be useful for all jobs, it does help to showcase you as a person. Which can be the determining factor for a job application. Especially combined with a sturdy diploma.

Peace out,
Will

Dear Will,

How do I put memes in my resume? I've spent a lot of time crafting memes and updooting my fellow memers, do I thus put this under "professional skillset" and "teamwork", respectively? Can I also add that I am well learned in the culture of Switzerland thanks to my memery?

Dear Will,

How do I put memes in my resume? I've spent a lot of time crafting memes and updooting my fellow memers, do I thus put this under "professional skillset" and "teamwork", respectively? Can I also add that I am well learned in the culture of Switzerland thanks to my memery?
Seems like you don't need anything anymore, you're all set. Keep meme-ing!

Dear Will,

How about tryin "I have a life and don't waste my time on writing shitty comments nobody cares about..." on ur resumé.

Reviving this old thing
Was making an application for a children's summer camp and figured out how to put my activites as Foreman on there. Thought it might be useful for someone else so here you go
"organization of gatherings and creative activities for groups of adults and children and synchronization of productive and recreational activities " can also add "for an online community" if you see fit (cause covid was a thing as well)

Reviving this old thing
Was making an application for a children's summer camp and figured out how to put my activites as Foreman on there. Thought it might be useful for someone else so here you go
"organization of gatherings and creative activities for groups of adults and children and synchronization of productive and recreational activities " can also add "for an online community" if you see fit (cause covid was a thing as well)
Now you just need to figure out a way to get your video editing onto a resume, haha