• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted NelmanBlack Guide Application #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NelmanBlack

Guide
Guide
Supporter
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username : NelmanBlack
Date Joined : 14 March 2020

What country are from / What time do you usually play online: Australia (UTC 06:00 - 14:00)
Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes
Do you talk on our voice communication? Yes

Why would you like to be a Guide?
I have tried to be a Guide before but wasn't motivated enough to do my trials tours as I was committed to doing Themes, jobs and other projects throughout World and Freebuild. While I still have projects outside of the server Related to MCME at the moment, I feel that I am more focused on what I am doing on the server and if anything it will give me another reason to be active on the server and spend time with the newer players, rather than going straight to my build areas or jobs and wasting hours without paying much attention.
Soars made me

Basically I am interested in the direction of the server (which I hope is evident in some of the projects I do), but I would actually like to take part now rather than just stay a Commoner.

What makes a great Guide according to you?
I have seen this question be answered so many times and almost every time someone says it is bad or not the right way to answer it so I will just say, Active, Helpful and Knowledgeable. All of these points are not entirely true but in my mind they make up what a Guide does.
  • A Guide is a member that runs tours and minigames to engage new and existing players.
  • A Guide is able to assist players and give them a smooth experience on the server.
  • and a Guide actually knows what they are talking about, whether it be lore, commands or just general things about the happenings of the server, they can help players learn more and experience the server in a better way all round.

What are your strengths and weaknesses in relation to the Guide role?
I would assume my strengths are known as I am generally well versed with Tolkien lore and have a better understanding than most about 'Server Lore' due to my history with researching stuff for the Vault, Times, timeline and wiki stuff. As well as being kind and helpful to anyone that needs it (apart from when I'm down a building hole)
I already have tour and minigame badge as they weren't taken away in the most recent purge (unless they have actually been taken away), always felt guilty using it without the role

My main weakness by far is consistency. The main reason I haven't applied is down to the fact that I am not very consistent, but I am hoping that gaining this role with give me a reason to be on the server more to do tours and generally be helpful etc, while doing other task for MCME.

conflicted between saying that it is a strength or weakness is that I am outside hours...

What experience have you had on MCME?
Nearing 4 years of being mostly active, I have seen the good and the bad and think I have a well rounded idea of what MCME is and what is expected, thanks to being friends with old and new members alike.

Attachments

• image_2023-06-02_202252673.png
    image_2023-06-02_202252673.png
    216.9 KB · Views: 91
I worked with Nelman periodically as a media team lead back in 2020, 2021, and part of 2022, and I believe I can vouch for his good conduct and skill. (☆ ͜ʖ☆)

Welcome back Nelman,

Good to see you've decided to reapply after so long! The Guides have discussed your application and decided that we'd like to see a trial tour from you. After this tour, you may be asked to complete a trial period. This tour should be of one or more locations on the map, and you should use Discord. It should also be no longer than 40 minutes. Please message me on Discord to arrange a day and time for your tour. If you have any questions or need advice, feel free to ask any of the Guides or myself.

Welcome back Nelman,

Good to see you've decided to reapply after so long! The Guides have discussed your application and decided that we'd like to see a trial tour from you. After this tour, you may be asked to complete a trial period. This tour should be of one or more locations on the map, and you should use Discord. It should also be no longer than 40 minutes. Please message me on Discord to arrange a day and time for your tour. If you have any questions or need advice, feel free to ask any of the Guides or myself.
Is there a preferred timezone to tour in for Trial Tours so whoever needs to be present is cause work may get in the way of being able to do so. If this time works then I am happy to do any day this week really.

Is there a preferred timezone to tour in for Trial Tours so whoever needs to be present is cause work may get in the way of being able to do so. If this time works then I am happy to do any day this week really.
Ideally, you should give us multiple days and times you'll be available so the Guides can decide which works best for them.

At the moment I know that unless I don't have anything planned prior anywhere from 06:00 - 14:00 UTC everyday. If that doesnt work I'l have to see which days I am off work this week.

Ideally, you should give us multiple days and times you'll be available so the Guides can decide which works best for them.

At the moment I know that unless I don't have anything planned prior anywhere from 06:00 - 14:00 UTC everyday. If that doesnt work I'l have to see which days I am off work this week.
They work around you, Nelman. Too many times I have broken my back to be up at 4 am just so I can run/plan something around the Northern Hemisphere.

Hello Nelman

Thank you for your trial tour at the weekend - you'll have a trial period! It begins now and will end around 10 July. Keep in mind you will need to do another trial tour near the end of your trial period. If you have any questions or need advice, feel free to ask any of the Guides or myself. Good luck, and remember to update your application with your activities!

Hello Nelman

Thank you for your trial tour at the weekend - you'll have a trial period! It begins now and will end around 10 July. Keep in mind you will need to do another trial tour near the end of your trial period. If you have any questions or need advice, feel free to ask any of the Guides or myself. Good luck, and remember to update your application with your activities!

Thanks! Was there any feedback for the tour?

Tested out some Geoguessr w/ Peyton and Rudo.

Having some difficulty finding people to do minigames and tours with during the times I am on the server, but we continue on.

Still waiting on any feedback for my trial tour and I noticed my Application isn't in progress yet...

Attachments

• 2023-06-19_23.23.39.png
    2023-06-19_23.23.39.png
    864.5 KB · Views: 56
Hooweee!
More than 5 people on the server? You know what that means, some cheeky Geoguessr with everyone.

Thanks for all who joined to humiliate me.

Attachments

• 2023-06-21_02.09.15.png
    2023-06-21_02.09.15.png
    3 MB · Views: 61
Good Morning Middle Earth!!

Was able to host Touring Tuesday this week following the Fellowship Path loosely around western Rohan. Was pretty tired after staying up for the tour and due to the amount of people it got a bit hectic but from what I could tell everyone was having fun and learning, so overall not too disappointed.

xoxo Gossip Girl

Attachments

• 2023-06-21_05.04.40.png
    2023-06-21_05.04.40.png
    292.6 KB · Views: 62
Arlighty Update time kiddos!!

Since many people have become so interested whether I have been active and what I have been doing on the server due to conversations that may or may not have happened, I figured I should post a little update now rather than at the end of the Trial Period as I intended.

Since the start of June I have done work on a range of things that I don't right out consider Guide activities but I feel still impact the server and aim to ease server outreach, access and interaction.

Firstly, Peyton and I have brought the social media accounts back from the dead with posts lined up for the next two months sourcing photos and captions for all 30+ posts. With the unfortunate death of the Facebook a lot of that time is somewhat wasted for the moment but the Instagram and Twitter are back to insta'ing and tweeting without some in Team noticing. We have worked to create an almost fool proof plan for continual posting of screenshots so that we can turn our focus to creating content that will bring more of our socials community onto the server itself as it is an area we were lacking in previously. Also putting together stuff for TikTok but meh.

Second, throughout the last month I have done a bunch of renders and edits for the Times team and other photo things.

Third, I somewhat feel weird about mentioning this but it is basically an open secret at this point. I have been part of Maski's team to add Advancements into MCME. Doing a lot of the groundwork for this I have read through the books and watched the movies multiple times since we started the project in the start of May trying to figure out the best names and importance of events and side quests that we could add. I have also been through the entire Fellowships path countless times now grabbing coordinates for trigger regions and testing (on and off the server) if the structure of each achievement works and is streamline with the story, lore and design of an achievement outline.

Fourth, for the past 6 or so months I have made slow progress with the time I have left to update and 'revamp' the MCME Timeline as around February I noticed that it hadn't been updated at all since the August beforehand. With this it means an updated style and while I begun to research the events of 2010-2014, there are massive holes or errors that I am aiming to fix with the addition of adding more info in an effort to make the Timeline more comprehensible. From this there has been effort put into Wiki development but that is a non starter...

Finally, although not entirely relevant I have been assisting in writing an article for the Silmarillion Writers Guild, as well as finalising my maps of Aman, Tol Eressëa and Valmar, as that is what I have been up to today during the time that no more then three people are on the server. So check it out when it is published in August.

I was hoping to give this update at the end of the tour as once again I feel some would say it is not entirely relevant to being a Guide, but many people from all ranks have said it is a good idea and due to about 12 people asking me to update my app. Here we are.

Still waiting on 'official' feedback though. Thanks Tidc

Did some races with my favourite people. Solid hour clocked in before my bedtime... one of these days I'll actually win a race I run.

2023-07-03_00.10.00.png
2023-07-03_00.09.48.png
2023-07-03_00.10.05.png
2023-07-03_00.10.08.png

Attachments

• 2023-07-03_00.05.40.png
    2023-07-03_00.05.40.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
  • 2023-07-03_00.03.11.png
    2023-07-03_00.03.11.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • 2023-07-02_23.58.52.png