• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

#6/15 Lond Daer

Next ThemedBuild:

• Iant Iaur (Old Bridge)

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Fell Beast

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Durthang

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Finrod_Amandil

Former Head Designer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
ThemedBuild
ThemedBuilds run weekly, starting around Saturday 9PDT/17GMT.

'Lond Daer'
Reference: Tolkien Gateway
Resourcepack: Eriador
ThemedBuilds are used in applications for the Artist rank.

Poll
Vote for next week's ThemedBuild in the poll above this post. If a topic remains unchosen four consecutive times it will be replaced with another option.
Choices:

How to participate
Use the following instructions to get your ThemedBuild working:
  • Join Freebuild server! IP: freebuild.mcmiddleearth.com
  • Get to the ThemedBuild world: /warp theme
  • Claim a plot: /theme
  • Go to your plot (after claiming): /theme toplot
  • Reset your plot if you want to start over: /theme resetplot
  • People who have reserved a lot but not built in it in the first 2 hours may have their claim removed by staff members, and staff members only.
  • Staff will not help you with terraforming, copy-pasting, flipping or moving your ThemedBuilds. They can however move your ThemedBuild to a different world when the time has run out. This is to reassure that your build, including terrain, is entirely your work.

Artist Application Guidelines
How to apply for Artist
  • You'll need screenshots of at least one ThemedBuild as part of an Artist application.
  • Screenshots should be taken using the resourcepack defined at the top of this post.
  • Take at least one screenshot of your ThemedBuild with your lot-sign clearly visible.
  • Upload your screenshots to an image hoster, preferably make an album on imgur.com
  • Apply >>here<< by making a thread with your username as title, and follow >>this format<<

Last edited:
Should we build it in ruins?
"The ancient ruins of Lond Daer were still visible as late as the end of the Third Age, however, and still featured on maps from that time."

Should we build it in ruins?
"The ancient ruins of Lond Daer were still visible as late as the end of the Third Age, however, and still featured on maps from that time."
This is up to you, but I would use the opportunity to get some practice in building ruins, these aint easy either!

Hey :)

I have some questions:

When is the last date to send the mail of the Themebuild. (screenshots etc.)

How big should be the building?
(dont have that much time to build something )

Hey :)

I have some questions:

When is the last date to send the mail of the Themebuild. (screenshots etc.)

How big should be the building?
(dont have that much time to build something )
You should finish your ThemedBuild before the next one starts, thats usually on Saturday. Applying for Artist with that ThemedBuild can be done whenever you want.

The size can be guessed when you check out the predefined plots. I chose the size so that it does not need countless hours to fill

Should keep an updated warp to each weeks theme. Afaik there is no official warp to this week's theme.

Should keep an updated warp to each weeks theme. Afaik there is no official warp to this week's theme.
ThemedBuilds are still @MaDIIReD's thing; also the /warp theme is obtained by him afaik, thus i cant really update that; Anyway do we not really need warps with the new TB plugin, /theme on claiming and /theme toplot brings you directly to your plot.

Oh I just realized some of you might not want to dig through the commit to find the command. It's '/theme warp' and it takes you to the intersection of the current theme