• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

A server has stolen multiple MCME builds without permission

Fornad

Moria Hall Professional
Credits
XP
Title says it all. Look at this post here. As you can see by the Imgur album, they have taken multiple MCME builds:

- Cerin Amroth
- Edoras
- Moria
- The Argonath
- Fornost
- Helm's Deep
- Isengard
- Rivendell
- Tharbad
- Weathertop

There may well be more. After further digging, I found this Youtube video of the server (with a few MCME builds), made by someone called SlayingSlayer, who I remembered touring around once and who is currently whitelisted.

Given that we never give out downloads, I can only assume that these builds were stolen. Beyond banning the player in question, I'm not sure what more we can do, but I thought it a good idea to let you all (and especially the staff) know about it.

This was already dealt with a month ago. They said they removed the builds from there server after we spoke to the admin he was unaware the builds where stolen and said that he got it from someone on planetminecraft.

Do we have proof that he removed them? Also where is he getting them on Planetminecraft?

Because of as of one month ago, they were still advertising their builds from the "The Minecraft Middle Earth Team"....
They also uploaded this video which has more of our builds on the 8th

Last edited:
He messaged me this today on Reddit:
Hey man, about a month ago we found out that the builds were stolen, I emailed a guy named Iru from MCME explaining that when I was creating the map I was looking for LOTR builds, after searching for awhile I found a guy who hosted a rapid share, and he had about a dozen builds. I thought I hit the jackpot, and I put them into the map. He told me they were builds from your guy's server, and I thought that was fine; how else would he have got them? I have always given credit to each creator of a build, and when I found out that they were "stolen", I closed the server, destroyed parts of the builds to make them not "exact" copies. Now we are phasing them out,(AKA building our own, and destroying the old ones). I have tried to apologize to as many people from MCME as I could, and I apologize to you. I have nothing but respect for the very talented creators from your server, and I am trying to right those wrongs!

This seems all well and good, and I've asked him if they could also phase out our builds from their promotional material. However, as Fire said, do we know where he actually got them from (beyond downloading them from some rapid share)?

All we know is that he got them from someone who had them on planetminecraft for download. We have no way of knowing who the user is that originally downloaded them and there really is point to it at this time, seeing as the builds are not up on planetminecraft anymore. But like megga said, we talked with the owner and sorted things out. Honestly there is really nothing we can do to stop this sort of thing, we can't prevent people from downloading the map.

He messaged me this today on Reddit:

This seems all well and good, and I've asked him if they could also phase out our builds from their promotional material. However, as Fire said, do we know where he actually got them from (beyond downloading them from some rapid share)?
Okay, in the future, don't contact people on our behalf unless you get the okay from a valar.

Okay, in the future, don't contact people on our behalf unless you get the okay from a valar.

Sure. It came up on /r/minecraft and I didn't think that I'd need to contact a Valar for permission to message him on Reddit. Won't do it again in the future.