About Pelargir


Having more soldiers never means you'd be better at defending. In many cases it meant the opposite. Many walls under Rome were made to be as easy to use as possible, with enough room for a man to be able to shoot in almost all directions, sometimes even straight down. This also made enemies besieging the city very difficult, because any ladders that came up could be pushed down quite easily.

And you're right, I did forget that - however, if it is anything like Venice, that's still an amazing feat.
 
Having more soldiers never means you'd be better at defending. In many cases it meant the opposite. Many walls under Rome were made to be as easy to use as possible, with enough room for a man to be able to shoot in almost all directions, sometimes even straight down. This also made enemies besieging the city very difficult, because any ladders that came up could be pushed down quite easily.

And you're right, I did forget that - however, if it is anything like Venice, that's still an amazing feat.
I do see your point a bit now. One thing that I never liked about Helm's Deep is that it is a carbon copy of the movie one. I would've liked for it to be a bit more inspired by the books, myself. (Not sure about the wall differences, though)

Obviously you know a lot more about war strategy than I do, those Romans sure were clever, weren't they? :cool:
 
One thing that I never liked about Helm's Deep is that it is a carbon copy of the movie one. I would've liked for it to be a bit more inspired by the books
The river flows ahead the walls and the dike have been added; it was the two things that didn't followed the book in the movie, so I don't see any problem.










And I don't see why you want roman walls, since Pelargir is NOT a roman city. Also, large walls were actually used, and even far larger than the Pelargir ones.
 
Last edited:
The river flows ahead the walls and the dike have been added; it was the two things that didn't followed the book in the movie, so I don't see any problem.










And I don't see wht-y you want roman walls, since Pelargir is NOT a roman city.
I never said I wanted Roman walls........
 
Sooo... could this thread be locked? There should be a Pelargir project post released within the next couple of days, so future discussion can take place there. As far as I'm concerned, criticisms made after you know what we have planned will likely be more useful than suggestions made now.

Besides, it's moved to discussion of Helms Deep and posts about who was talking to whom in a certain previous post:p
 
Back
Top