• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

In Progress **Andrast**

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWOT

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
~:~|~:~ Andrast ~:~|~:~
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Project Leader: @jacenpeter
Co-Leader: @mattlego
Project Staff: @Wroxxite

12-uDYyYl5-7469kIOWArRjhx8OQ5XUIULL_7yNgiT6yuPM_wqGwSVuFj2LjlToeHCQ8db9gsOiIB_Jm9aR2A7GQwY9wPKLhpm3DYHDYiiObsYNL4-n6DZHOSbeJuq2ZUvvXXJSH

Announcements Thread
*This project is unlike other projects as it's mostly designer terrain work and so progress comes in waves

Overall Progress and State
Approximate Overall Progress Percentage: 55%
Current Progress State: Building

Current Progress Review: Slightly Behind Schedule
Current Progress Expectation: 60%
Current State Expectation: Building
Estimated TIme of Finishing: 6 months

Project Discussion Thread
The thread to discuss in general the project, comment on any updates or any other non-announcement topic.
Link: Andrast (updated)

Andrast Planning Post

Topographical Plan for North West Andrast
View attachment 7782
Though this map is not truly accurate to what I am doing (some features being smaller and some larger than what is showed) it was just simply meant to show the high planes between the mountains and the sea cliffs/valley

River Map
View attachment 7783
Map of all the planned streams and rivers on the right.
Might be a little hard to see in that picture but the main river (the Lefnui River) I plan to make it braided for one because it would look cool and second usually rivers coming off and riding directly along a range of mountains is braided because of high levels of direct sediment deposition.

Vegetation Plan
View attachment 7784
The vegetation is the only part of Andrast where I know I am going to want quite a bit of help from anybody willing to offer their services adventurers and designers alike. Part of which will be fun stuff like making forest edge bushes and trees look perfect and the rest lot of boring jobs like fixing tree bases.

ANDRAST FOREST AND VEGETATION
Now for a brief explanation for the forests and vegetation that I will need help with so I can link everyone here when it comes to doing these things so they know what I want.

Silver Fir Forests-
Silver fir forest will occur at both high and low elevations, but the epicenter of their population will occur on the larger mountains. Basically for these forests to make them look right smaller silver firs will exist where there are gaps in the main canopy as well as at the forests edge with little to no undergrowth due to the acidity of the fallen pine needles on the grounds. Taller Silver Firs in the forest will have a majority of their branches and needles only at the top while only a few will have branches surviving mid-lower trunk. Ones on the forests edge can have branches all the way down.
Examples:
View attachment 7786
View attachment 7787

Mature Scots Pines-
Old Scots Pines when growing together should have its branches start about mid way through at about 15 blocks since the average one would be about 30 blocks tall when growing next to eachother. And actually kind of as a general rule of trees especially applied to this one in particular, when trees grow closer together they tend to grow a lot taller and have branches a lot higher while when the grow away from each other like in a field they will spread their branches out instead of up and the trunk will grow less up and more out. Sometimes if not many times one side of the trunk has more branches than the other. Also the needles never grow close to the trunk, they are always secluded to the end of the branches. With mature Scots Pines undergrowth is usually small trees and bushes if any undergrowth at all.
Examples:
View attachment 7788

View attachment 7789

Beech/Cork Forests
Though I do not have cork forests listed it is kind of interchangeable with the beech areas, all I will need help with here is undergrowth, lots of ferns, bushes, and grasses. Heavier plant placement at forest edges and gaps in forest canopy. Rocks at bottom and on mountain slopes as well as near rivers.
Examples:
View attachment 7790

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.