• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved application to server ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexis_thiery

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Hi everybody i'm new ( created an account one year ago but didnt use it, didnt have the time :/ )
So now i want to be part of this extrodinary community but i had a question, why did you get rid of the application questions to be part of this server because it seams to be very important and you could juge with it if we were good at all those middle earth stories or not :) so that's all thanks for reading this and sorry for my english ( i'm french )
see y' a on the forum :D

We did away with the whitelist, but we have a short quiz that people must pass before entering the main map. It doesn't judge whether you know about middle-earth, but that isn't super important to us. What it does do is make sure you know the rules, which is quite important.

Alexis, next time you have a question, please post in the Get Help section of the forums, as this section is more for discussing, hence it is the discussion forums. Hope you have a great time on the server!

This, along with other events in the recent past which I cannot remember specifically, has made me wonder if mcme is clear enough. Perhaps there should be a banner-thing (like the current donate one) or something else which explains to newcomers that they can just log on and find the information they need on the server. Or, we could even provide the information in the quiz start room in that box too and save people from even more possibilities for confusion. Also, I know we call ourselves a build server in multiple locations. However, could we clarify that too? I.e. that a "build server" means no pvp, no role-play, none of the other things people come for and then leave immediately upon discovering that said hoped-for thing isn't there?

This, along with other events in the recent past which I cannot remember specifically, has made me wonder if mcme is clear enough. Perhaps there should be a banner-thing (like the current donate one) or something else which explains to newcomers that they can just log on and find the information they need on the server. Or, we could even provide the information in the quiz start room in that box too and save people from even more possibilities for confusion. Also, I know we call ourselves a build server in multiple locations. However, could we clarify that too? I.e. that a "build server" means no pvp, no role-play, none of the other things people come for and then leave immediately upon discovering that said hoped-for thing isn't there?
I would agree with this, however I think that a lot of it has to do with: laziness, trolling, and having trouble understanding the language given (not trying to be insulting, but yeah a lot of new players I see have trouble with english). New player guide is listed on the right side of the website, and is a decent size. Besides, questions are love, questions are life. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.