• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted aVeryAngryBadger's Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

aVeryAngryBadger

Artist
Artist
Supporter
Credits
XP
Date joined: 6th August, 2020

Jobs:
In August and September... (didn’t keep exact records)

• Chamber of Light stalactites with barteldvn x 4
  • Farm walls
  • Osgo wall, ruining and mossing with Rogue_Scholar and Maski98 x4?
  • River terrain marking out/wool placing
  • Osgo wall, rebuilding and mossing with Rogue_Scholar, 28th Sept
  • Osgo wall, rebuilding and mossing with Rogue_Scholar, 29th Sept
  • Osgo wall, rebuilding and mossing with Rogue_Scholar, 4th Oct
  • Lond Daer ruining, mossing and vegetation, with Luk_ and mattlego, 7th Oct (Added 10.10.20)
  • Osgo Wall build day/weekend/marathon with maski98 and Rogue_Scholar, 17-19th Oct - I lead a group of commoners and adventurers adding moss, rubble and supports to a section of the wall; and did an interior for one of TheSweViking's towers (Added 19.10.20)
  • Osgo wall private job for ooitsbirdo_KGB, building supports, finishing the towers exteriors and interiors, 25th Oct (Added 27.10.20)
  • Lond Daer job for mattlego, building, ruining, mossing, vegetation, 25th Oct (Added 27.10.20)
  • Road building and derp fixing in Mershy Mine/The Upper Mines for rwyland, 27th Oct (Added 2.11.20)
  • Marking out rivers for Xmine, private job, 9th November (Added 10.11.20)
  • Swamp outside Osgo, private job for Xmine (Added 10.11.20)

Plotbuilds:

Themed-builds:
  • Grey Havens (294, 50009)
    • My first theme build, started a few days after joining when I had little to no idea what sever style was or about rps, hence it is in rp r, not g, but I feel I learnt a lot in the process of building it, so will add it here anyway.
  • Umbar (401, 50524) (Updated 2.11.20)
  • Dale (-364, 50784) - WIP
    • A fair bit left to do on this, updates to follow.
  • Tom Bombadil’s House (-233, 51108)
  • Erebor (-180, 51377)
  • Marsh (-105, 51892) (Added 10.10.20)

Additional Builds:
A solo project in freebuild. A massive tree stump, the insides of which are carved out into halls, kitchens, stores, bedrooms, and a maze of corridors. A long term WIP that I work on in between projects.
  • Trees, some for practice, others for commoner projects. See Bombadil TB for giant trees. (Update 16.11.20)
  • Belfalas style house (-8099, -3691) - 4 floor villa with garden, as I wanted to try the style out. (Added 23.10.20)
  • Anorien Farm House (-8189, -3691) (Update 10.11.20)
  • Dwarven Designs (-7969, -3777) (Added 16.11.20)

Your interests:
I like ruining and detailing, generally giving builds character and making them look lived in and weathered. Currently, my favourite things to build are trees and ruins. Dwarven is my favourite style at the moment and I feel inspired by the geometric possibilities there.
My own projects tend to be a bit more fantastical and organic, and I like seeing what is possible with the MCME textures used in different contexts.

Your motivation:
I joined the server mid-pandemic and found an amazing community that has inspired me to be creative again, which I haven’t felt in a long time. I was losing interest in minecraft in general but MCME has shown me what is possible with it and brought my favourite books to life. It is much more fun building with other people and I want to contribute to this incredible project.

Last edited:
Hey Badger

Marshes:
Overall looks pretty good, would only suggest
- Play around with more height differences, you can easily stack these plants up to achieve many different heights
- Maybe try to organize your veg a bit more, eg. have reeds closest to the water, dryer plants on places far away from water, more plants in groups/clumps ...

Tom Bombadil:
I really like the shape of it!
- The spruce wood texture on your house is not a pretty sight, I'd avoid using it right now, could use jungle or maybe some planks (as I assume you don't want it oak like the tree)
- The interior feels much less alive, maybe having the tree or nature in general also incorporated on the inside would be nice.

Umbar:
Also nice ideas and shapes
- The red bricks stand out too much when used on the path
- Would have used a different colour than the dark blue for the houses, the light blue would seem more appropriate seeing the level of decay of the houses.
- Streets feel empty, add cars, stalls, crates, outdoor workshops, construction scaffolding?...

Dale:
- The houses look boring and lack interesting elements. Could have added some more colours to them, like white bricks, maybe some stucco, the brown pillars... (look at movie version for example)
- The trees look quite nice, but out of place, maybe due to it not being finished though. Also would expect more pine like trees in Dale.
- Add way more vegetation to your ground, mainly grass, but pretty much every grass block should be filled with something
- Make your roads a different colour than your houses, probably some grey bricks or a dirt path instead of additional sandstone.
- Use more than 1 colour of shingles.

Overall you seem to have the right ideas, though still need some practice to bring them nicely into Minecraft. That'll get better over time I reckon.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on those.

Update, added:
  • Osgo Wall build day/weekend with maski98 and Rogue_Scholar, 17-19th Oct - I lead a group of commoners and adventurers adding moss, rubble and supports to a section of the wall; did an interior for one of TheSweViking's towers; did a little bit of everything else :)
  • Fabric Shop exterior and interior in Mershy Mine for rwyland, 18th Oct

Update, added:

Plotbuilds

Jobs : Road building and derp fixing in Mershy Mine/The Upper Mines for rwyland, 27th Oct

Umbar Theme-build update:
Following on from the feedback, I have updated my Umbar build to bring more life and detail to it.
(The album for this project has also been updated.)

• Added scaffold supports to main tower, and added pillars to the interior.
  • Built stalls and carts selling local and imported goods
  • Added a laundry
  • Built a small forge
  • Scaffold and supports throughout the buildings to prop up crumbling architecture.

Update, added:

@aVeryAngryBadger very kindly asked me to take a screenshot of herself decorating the interior of her house.

2020-11-05_19.19.30.png

Status
Not open for further replies.