• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Bed replacing

ryttyr

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP
So whilst several major areas have had their beds replaced with the new different colors there's still a lot of minor areas out there that still only have the previously default red beds.
So I was wondering, could we consider replacing such beds with new and colorful ones to be derp fixing so that we artists can fix these oddities at our own discretion whenever whe find them?
Would be a lot easier to fix all the beds on the server if artists didn't have to ask before replacing beds outside of bed-replacing jobs which no longer are run anyways.
So would it be okay If we just replaced such beds according to our best knowledge of the area?

Last edited:
Sorry for the long reply, ye replacing beds is fine for Artists to do! Just make sure you choose a matching one, i.e. no fancy purple bed in a poor house with dirt floor...

Thanks for the input!

Sorry for the long reply, ye replacing beds is fine for Artists to do! Just make sure you choose a matching one, i.e. no fancy purple bed in a poor house with dirt floor...

Thanks for the input!
Yeah I really dislike it when people does that. During the bed replacement jobs I spent a lot of time changing beds Adventures had already changed because straw beds in the rich houses and royal beds in the poor ones just don't make any sense.

Oh speaking of which, are the beds with wooden sides but a coloured section atop it supposed to be some strange kind of bed or cushioned benches or both? Because I've seen ppl use them for bunk beds etc. and in some places it looks ok but often it looks weird to me as I think of them as cushioned benches.

Last edited:
Yep, something like this:
n6BXVhL.jpg