• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Calembel

Ivan1

One Of Us, One of Us
Developer
Commoner
Credits
XP
Calembel
Project leader: Ivan1pl
Reserve leader: otho
Project staff: otho

Project warp

/warp Calembel​

Background lore

They passed Tarlang's Neck and came into Lamedon; and the Shadow Host pressed behind and fear went on before them, until they came to Calembel upon Ciril, and the sun went down like blood behind Pinnath Gelin away in the West behind them. The township and the fords of Ciril they found deserted, for many men had gone away to war, and all that were left fled to the hills at the rumour of the coming of the King of the Dead.
-The Return of the King, Chapter 2. The Passing of the Grey Company
(near the end of the chapter)

Short Introduction to the project

Calembel is a town built on the hill near the fords of Ciril. Tolkien translated Calembel as "Greenham". The name likely consists of Sindarin calen "green" + pel "fence". Calembel is the capital of the province Lamedon and home to its lord Angbor.

Concept art

mTfJRfK.jpg

Town plan

eCcpRiA.png

To do list

1. Prepare terrain [Done]
- terrain for the town [Done]
- terrain around the town [Done]
2. Concepts [Done]
3. Walls [Done]
4. Poor district [Done]
- layouts [Done]
- house freebuild [Done]
5. Market district [Done]
- layouts [Done]
- houses [Done]
6. Normal housing [Done]
- layouts [Done]
- house freebuild [Done]
7. Rich housing [Done]
- layouts [Done]
- houses [Done]
8. Industrial area [Done]
9. Military area [Done]
10. Administration area [Done]
11. Roads [Done]

Possible Adventurer jobs

Roads, house freebuild

FAQ

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the thread.​

Last edited:
Always cool seeing locations that only had a single-line reference in the text get fleshed out into full living places.

Looks really nice, love the inspiration pic!

I would propose a few changes on the layout front. My thoughts -
The poor housing would most probably be near the industrial area - because that is where the people would work - and the market place would most likely be near the river - for transport and easy access.
Therefore, my suggestion would be -
Switch the military and industrial areas. Then put the poor housing next to it and the market area along the river.

The river is small one, roads for transport - and market is near main road. Industrial area is right next to normal housing, and people from there need work too, so no problem here :p
The town isn't very big, so distance from poor district to industrial area is short anyway.

Always cool seeing locations that only had a single-line reference in the text get fleshed out into full living places.
Yeah, when I came on this server, I already knew what Helm's Deep looked like. Don't get me wrong, it was still awesome, but I already knew what to expect. Places like this, though, really show the creativity of the designers of MCME!

Has anyone mentioned yet making the ford actually passable, without needing a horse?
Oh yeah, I did.

Poor house freebuild

(closed)

Time to start building houses :)
Building guide:
dJHgdTW.png

Rules:
  • one plot per person (you can start another one after your previous house was accepted)
  • claim your plot by placing a sign with your name as explained in building guide
  • don't build outside of your plot
  • if there are no plots prepared, just ask project staff

You can find houses from screenshots in the guide near the warp.

Have fun!
Go to plotworld (/mv tp plotworld), then
/warp Calefb

Attachments

• dJHgdTW.png
    dJHgdTW.png
    458.9 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Update
  • warp to the town is now Calembel. Caletemp warp was removed.
  • poor house freebuild is finished. But don't worry, that's not the end of adventurer jobs for Calembel: expect normal house freebuild starting soon!
  • walls and towers appeared around the town.
  • poor, industrial, market and military districts are almost finished.
  • administration area is now in progress.
POh2ber.png

Normal house freebuild

(closed)

Another freebuild :)
LVn2Kfq.png

Rules:
  • one plot per person (you can start another one after your previous house was accepted)
  • claim your plot by placing a sign with your name as explained in building guide
  • don't build outside of your plot
  • if there are no plots prepared, just ask project staff

You can find houses from screenshots in the guide near the warp.

Have fun!
Go to plotworld (/mv tp plotworld), then
/warp Calefb

Last edited: