• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Cube_Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your application! It has now been checked and here follow some tips on what you can improve on to increase your chances on a promotion to Artist.

In your imgur album are a lot of pretty nice builds to see, but many pictures and especially the Helms Deep TB show that theres a lot to learn for you yet (dont take that as offense, noone was a great builder from the first day on!). Theres a lot to say, Ill pick those things I see first.
- In your image gallery theres a wooden house with cobblestone roof. Stone ontop of wood is generally a no-go (simply as stone is way heavier) and especially a roof out of stone is very randomly seen, even on buildings that have stone walls.
- A very important task is to find out which materials work well together. You often use that black block together with cobble, a combination that is not that appealing to my eyes. The black blocks are only hardly combinable with others, hence Orthanc is held in only one color mostly.
- On the Helms Deep TB you should mainly just have spent more time to match the expectations of a 3-week build. On what you have done the main thing to improve on is more details and less repetitive designs. Especially the straight wall is a 2-block wide stacked a dozen times. Try finding a more interesting and wider design (okay, the wall we have on the build map is not much more interesting either ;-) ). Also stone ontop of grass or dirt is a no-go too (as seen often below the walls). The round walls are a bit small in general. Also, I can't help myself, but the tower shape is just strange. To make impressive towers it is a good idea to start with a more narrow base so that the tower gets more slender and by that automatically seems to be higher.The entrance to the keep, beside that it could be a lot bigger, is too uniform and should have a more detailed shape using stairs to add depth. For most points you should go and study the Helms Deep we have on the server.
For further feedback please ask an Artist or Designer ingame or submit some more builds to your app.

Also please note that the criterions and the way artist apps are handled in the future are about to change. Further information will be published soon on the forums.

~ Finrod_Amandil, Head Designer.

These look very nice and atmospheric! The roofs may be a bit impractically big but for a fantasy folk that may be ok; actually we have pretty similar roofs in most elven regions like Rivendell and Eregion too. An other thing you could get some inspiration from is the windmill: I know, diagonal is hard to make look nice in Minecraft, but its possible! Check out the various windmills in the Shire and Southern Gondor!
Now, take part in the ThemedBuild that will start this weekend, its a great way to show off your skills and/or get some good additional tips on how you can improve your building.

Thanks so much Fin! After I built the windmill I realized it was mostly stone but oh well.:)

Your current score is 13, however you dont need a certain amount to get promoted, that is judged individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.