• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

In Progress Dwarven Armor

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
As per the request of @Despot666 , I have begun work on several Dwarven armor textures for Moria. This is my first time texturing armor so no promises in terms of how long this may or may not take, however I figured if I create a thread I'd likely be more motivated to make them.

PROGRESS:
+ Leather
latest
+ Iron
310fb48c3fc0859cbea18342c014c703.jpg
+ Chain
splint-armor-dwarf-png.1812
+ Gold
HOBBIT-AUJ-Product-ARM-FAN-002.jpg
+ Diamond: done
- removed beard
IRB420y.png
1voBIGS.png
V4t4jQ3.png

Hey Fire, for the leather inspiration, it looks still mostly metal imo. Maybe
2012-10-19-16.43.21-Bifur-imp.jpg
looks a bit more leather and would be quite useful for all the not-soldier Dwarves.

looks a bit more leather and would be quite useful for all the not-soldier Dwarves.

Would you include the axe blade in his forehead as the helmet or something...

So I thought about this - given that we are a build server and the main point of these armor textures is to decorate the halls of Moria, I think the "iron" armor variant will be a lot more helpful. That is, leather would likely decay over such a long period of time whereas as the iron may be preserved if kept in proper conditions.

Also update - I have been working on this off and on with not a ton of success, so no promises this project works out..

So I thought about this - given that we are a build server and the main point of these armor textures is to decorate the halls of Moria, I think the "iron" armor variant will be a lot more helpful. That is, leather would likely decay over such a long period of time whereas as the iron may be preserved if kept in proper conditions.

Also update - I have been working on this off and on with not a ton of success, so no promises this project works out..
Hm ok, but the question is, will we use this pack only for Moria, or also for Erebor and Ered Luin and stuff? Then we would need the leather I suppose. And for the old armor, maybe have one set of armor with rust and just in bad condition.