• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Edhellond

_Luk

Artist
Artist
Supporter
Credits
XP
Edhellond
/warp Edhetemp

Project Leader: KlemensPlusLukas
Reserved Leader: Emil_Oil
Project Staff: Tyrhanystrasz

Background Lore:
Edhellond was founded by Sindar before the end of the First Age, who had come there as refugees from Beleriand during Morgoth's ascendancy. At first the population of the haven was quite small since the refugees had come in just three small ships, but over time their numbers had been increased by Nandor who came down the Anduin.
From Edhellond Elves began sailing westward from the time of the fall of Eregion (in S.A. 1697).
Amroth, Prince of Lórien, was lost at sea near Edhellond in 1981 when he attempted to swim to shore to seek his beloved Nimrodel. The ship from which he jumped overboard was the last ship of Elves to leave from Edhellond, which was deserted from then on, although remembered in the traditions of Men in Gondor.

Map:

AOa3MtN.png

For more Detailed Plan look Ingame :)

Concept Art:
EDHELLON.jpg

To-do List:

1) Planning (done)
2) Terrain (done)
3) Concepts (done)
4) Building (in progress)
  1. Docks/Cliff Lake
  2. Entrance Area
  3. House Quarters
  4. Roads
  5. Details/Decorations
  6. Ruining (duhh)
Upcoming Jobs:
Jobs for Artists:
  • House Building
  • Decorations
Jobs for Adventures
  • Roads
  • Root fixing
  • Ruining (nuuuu)

Last edited:
Any plans on when the jobs for it will be
Well thats a really hard question, only thing i can say is that there are probably going to be Ruin jobs, After weve finished the town(probably in 1-2 weeks). But giving you a date and such is nearly impossible so easiest way is to stay online 24/7 but otherwise just stay tuned.

sorry I'm new to this. Where do I sign up to help build? I'd be cool doing whatever.
You don't really sign up to build, Adventurers can pitch in whenever a job is started on an area.
If you are on the server when a job is started, there will be a noise and a message will say that a job has begun.

So Its my Pleasure to Annouce Edhellond being FInished :)
Thank you everyone for your Time and Creativity you put into this.
Wouldn't look as good as it does without all the Helpers.

UrCoEX2.png

A Picture kinda doesn't get the feel for all of it, so i think it would be the best if you check it out ingame :)

Overall it looks awesome, but I have two comments:
First, the fields have too much intact wheat/potatoes in them. The stone buildings are more ruined than the fields, which seems odd. If you're going under the premise that the plants kept reproducing and spreading, that's fine, but there should then be some plants outside the edges of the field as well.
Second, there are 2 un-ruined houses on the north edge of the town, which also have no furniture in them. I'm not really sure what the deal is with these, but they need to be fixed, whatever the plan was;)

Edhellond has been deserted for like 1000 years, and i'm no botanist so correct me if i'm wrong, but potatoes and wheat are annuals, so they kinda wouldn't have been there a season after, let alone 1000 years later.

Edhellond has been deserted for like 1000 years, and i'm no botanist so correct me if i'm wrong, but potatoes and wheat are annuals, so they kinda wouldn't have been there a season after, let alone 1000 years later.
I was going off of the fact that they could theoretically keep making seeds year after year for that long. However, there'd probably be a drought, disease, or fire that would kill all the crops during that 1000 year timespan.

Overall it looks awesome, but I have two comments:
First, the fields have too much intact wheat/potatoes in them. The stone buildings are more ruined than the fields, which seems odd. If you're going under the premise that the plants kept reproducing and spreading, that's fine, but there should then be some plants outside the edges of the field as well.
Second, there are 2 un-ruined houses on the north edge of the town, which also have no furniture in them. I'm not really sure what the deal is with these, but they need to be fixed, whatever the plan was;)
Ill look into the field stuff.
The Idea of the Houses is that its a little fishing village, founded by gondorian people years after Edhellond was left. So they are still work in progress and kinda dont belong to the actual city.

Ill look into the field stuff.
The Idea of the Houses is that its a little fishing village, founded by gondorian people years after Edhellond was left. So they are still work in progress and kinda dont belong to the actual city.
They should still have an interior though:)