• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled FlowRiz_ Artist Application

FlowRiz_

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
  • Date: The first time I joined MCME was in June 2016, but I've been inactive for quite a while. I started playing actively again since June this year

• Jobs and Plotbuilds:
    • Helped with the farmlands, the walls around the farmlands and the roads outside of Dol Caranthan. The leader was Patrick_0901, and when he had to go TeamPalladian finished the job
    • I have made som caves look more smooth in Moria, the leader was Jonatanknalle
    • Ruined storage halls in Moria, leader was RVB_Legend
    • Helped with vegetating parts of Osgiliath, leader was ooitsbirdo_TI
    • Here are some pictures: Imgur

• Themed-builds: I did one themed-build, the Ranger Camp. I made a ranger camp, with farmlands and a few houses for the farmers. coords: 3598,35,40350; last update was 15 July 2019. I am planning to also build in the new Annuminas themed-build. Here are some pictures: Imgur

• Additional Builds: I've build a Anorien style house in the Freebuild world (-1764,5,-2234).

• Your interests: I'm most familiar with Gondorian and Rohirric type of builds, but i also like building in Dwarven style. Although I'm happy to build and get experience in other styles.

• Your motivation: Ever since I've seen the movies I fell in love with Middle earth, all the beautiful cities and towns. When I found out about this project i really liked it, and was amazed by the scale and the beauty of the map. That's why I want to help building Middle earth. I'd love to help with Moria and Anorien. I also like to build the nature, for example the Dead Marshes.

Hey FlowRiz_, Thank you for your application!

Here is some feedback on the current builds you have in your application:

The themed build (ranger camp):
  • Nice atmosphere! the themed build has detail everywhere and feels alive.
  • Maybe some diferent types of trees with different leaf colours would be nice (see farms around /warp riverbed(wip area))
  • Thatch roofs should be at an angle of 45+ (see thatch houses in /warp Dol Caranthan) (mopst importantly it makes them look more interesting)
  • Or just make them tiles instead :p
  • Avoid putting toches everywhere. Most likely you'd not have torches on the outside of your house or in the middle of a field.
  • Most of our builds in Gondor will from now on be somewhat in the style of Anorien, so I'd recommend building houses in that style, or a varient of it atleast ;)
The Anorien house:
  • The roof is very high, I'd recommend trying a lower roof
  • The chimney seems quite tall as well
  • It's hard to build such houses when they're on their own, they just look very big. I'd recommend either making some more facades next to it, to make it feel like a street, or just making smaller houses.
  • Avoid small shacks like that with thatch roofs, thatch roofs need to be be at an angle of 45+ (see thatch houses in /warp Dol Caranthan)
Good luck on your application, keep on posting updates!

UPDATE

I have been working on Anorien houses, I tried different types of them. I think the houses still look very big, so I might have to work on that.
Here are some pictures: Imgur

I also have been working on the Annuminas themed build. It is far from done but this is what I already have: Imgur

UPDATE

• I have made a plot-build in Osgiliath, and helped Credoo with dining tables in Moria. Here are the pictures: Imgur
  • I have also finished my Annuminas ruins themed build. The coords are -456,29,40464. This are the pictures: Imgur
  • On the 25th I'm going on a vacation for 3 weeks or something, so I won't be able to post any updates on my application. When I'm back I'll start building again. I am available on the forums and discord though.

FlowRiz_ also helped on a couple of jobs I hosted. I can say that he is very good at those.
There is a lot of good potential is this guy and he definitely deserves a chance.

Good luck on your application Flow! Keep up the hard work and I hope to see you in the Purple army soon!