• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Guide: increasing renderdistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

barteldvn

Head of Building
Staff member
Vala
Supporter
Credits
XP
How to increase your renderdistance
Updated for latest optifine and minecraft.

VERY SYSTEM DEMANDING!!!!!!!!
I hope you understand that your computer might not be able to handle this and that there's nothing to do about it.

Step 1 Install optifine
Optifine is a mod that allows you to run shaders, improves your fps rate and more,
you can download the installer from this website

Make sure you install the latest version!

Step 2 Add some more ram to your minecraft
This is very important because you won't be able to run this with less than 4 GB of Ram

If you don't know how to do this, open your minecraft launcher and go to 'Installations'

Select the version with optifine and click on the 3 dots behind it,
More options,
you probably have something like this in there.

-Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn1G

The 1G stands for gigabyte, you should change the first 1G to 5G for example:

-Xmx5G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn1G

Or more, though there's a limit: your pc has a certain amount of ram, you can't give more than that.
If you don't know how much you have, I recommend using 5G and if that goes well try going higher.

Step 3 Now how to do it

Close all your mc windows, even your launcher!

• Go to %appdata% by searching it in windows.
  • Go to .minecraft.
  • Scroll down until you see 'options.txt'
  • Double click it.
  • At the top (7th line) you'll see 'renderDistance: 16'
  • Change this number to the amount of render distance you want,
  • for example 80, but again keep in mind that your pc might not be able to handle this, especially not with shaders.
  • Save it!!
  • Open the minecraft launcher.
  • Play!
I recommend playing around with the amount of render distance to see what your pc can handle.

Enjoy!

Some warnings:
Mc can crash a lot.
Chunks can act weird: not load, disappear sometimes...
The best is to ignore it they'll load eventually unless you have too much loaded in.

For any further questions feel free to give me a message, or post a reply here and I'll try to help you out!

Last edited:
Just fyi pretty sure Q has a max render distance set for the server so it probably will only work in single player for those attempting it.

Just fyi pretty sure Q has a max render distance set for the server so it probably will only work in single player for those attempting it.
No, there is not a max render distance that I have noticed. The highest I have went has been 80 though.

No, there is not a max render distance that I have noticed. The highest I have went has been 80 though.

The max render distance on the server is 16, it won't load automaticly beyond that, but when you fly around it won't unload those chunks if your render distance is higher than 16. The more render distance you have, the further you can load before those chunks unload again.

I can confirm that this is true. You can fly around loading chucks you want visible. It will be demanding as previously stated but it enables people to take some good long range screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.