• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Having trouble connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFarmRobotics

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Howdy,

I am a new player (to both minecraft and this server). I am trying to connect to the server, but have had difficulties. I installed versions 1.12.2 and followed the New Player guide, but when I try to connect, I get "Failed to connect to the server. Failed to login: null." I also installed 1.15.2, and get the same error message when I try it thru that.

It's possible that this is because I have not yet completed the New player Quiz but I had trouble finding how to complete it.

This server looks amazing by the way. My wife loves LOTR, and my sons love minecraft, so hopefully this will be a gateway to getting her into playing minecraft with us! Thanks!

Hello!

The server is currently on version 1.16.5, though you can also connect with 1.17.

The New Player Quiz happens when you log onto the server for the first time, not before, so that isn't the issue. When you log on you will find yourself in a cave, where you will have to follow the path and stand on pressure plates to make the questions appear. Make sure your chat is visible - that is where you will find the questions. To answer them press 't' to open chat and them click the correct answer with your mouse.

Also, just in case, I should point out that you need to have a legitimate (paid) Java edition Minecraft account in order to join the server.

If you have any more issues feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.