• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Headcanon - Classification of "Fay" as Low-Tier Maiar

SPACE_LEMON

Slab Fanatic
Credits
XP
I’ve always kind of thought of the Fay/Nymphs/Sprites of Tolkien’s early writings as a third, lesser class of Ainur below the Maiar, which I call Hólar. This is of course complete fanon.

Below is a table classifying the various types of Hólar by their aspect and associated Valar. Most of the classifications and names are of my own devising, and those are coloured grey (the "transliterations" are all what a human from Earth might call them).

I have further postulated that beings like the Ents, the Eagles, the Oarni, and the hounds and horses of Valinor are in fact Hólar (and Maiar, in the case of their chiefs) that had taken/been given physical forms. This is, again, complete fanon.

Fay.png