• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Help! - Need Xray Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

BevsForBros

Slab Fanatic
Supporter
Credits
XP
I'll get straight to the point. I need an xray mod. I am ready to finish up the adventure map, however I am completely at a stand still because I need an xray mod in order to check everywhere for hidden command blocks and spawners. Without an ability to see through walls somehow I will 100% guaranteed miss many things in the map.

I used to use zombes back when we were working on it, however that mod stopped updates back in 1.6.2. It had an awesome ability to see through the wall in front of you to every cavern and hidden object behind it. I tried using zombes with an older version, but I couldn't get it working, and I also don't know what consequences there are from opening a map with newer content in an older version.

There are some xray mods out there, except they are mainly used to cheat in multiplayer online. All they do is make every block invisible except ores, water, and lava, which wouldn't help me find command blocks and redstone. Xray texture packs work the same way, and it would be too much of a pain to switch texture packs every time I need to check for hidden stuff.

So my question is, does anybody know any way at all I can see through walls with a mod? Preferably like zombes wall-seethrough worked. Like I said until I find some solution I am stuck with the adventure map, so any help is appreciated!

Also, here is an example of what the zombe's xray looked like:

See how he is able to see through and see all the caverns below him.

Last edited:
I have to admit that I haven't used any mods for a while, playing Vanilla since 1.7. So this may be outdated. But when I was still using a flymod, you could just turn on no-clip mode and fly straight into the walls - once you are inside a solid block, you can see through any adjoining solid block until a pocket of air is in the way.

You can always make a custom resource pack, just edit the texture of stone and the kind to make it transparent. Not too difficult to do, providing you have the available software.

I have found (for basic uses) that simply using a texture pack that makes everything invisible serves the purpose for basic stuff like this :)

Yeah, xray texture packs are definitely easiest in my opinion.

Also, thanks for finishing the adventure map:p

The problem with an xray texture pack is that it would allow me to see through to other caverns fine, except that I would have to continually switch from the xray to the normal texture pack. It would be really hard to work on stuff or find my way around when I'm surrounded by invisible blocks. It could work, but I would prefer to find a different method first.

this might have some promise, but I don't know if it's any different than the other ones you're talking about: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/867079-172-xray-mod/

Also, I can attest... you don't want to use a texture pack. Not for this. Not for those insane redstone circuits and command blocks that I may or may not have spent HOURS trying to decipher and trigger manually when I should have been sleeping so that I could go to work and take care of my family. Don't you dare use a texture pack. *sobs quietly*

Awesome thank you so much Stalker that one works perfect! Someone can close this topic now, issue resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.