• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted HoverKing's Guide Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ran my trial tour - Freca's Fortress, the Glittering Caves and Helm's Deep. Thanks to everyone who joined!

2021-02-19_21.06.15.png

At some point Smaug decided to go underground...

2021-02-19_21.43.32.png

After the tour I was dm'd by an adventurer who asked some questions about the community and getting involved, and I answered them in some detail.

So far no further updates on the quiz revamp, since I had a crazy week and didn't have time for anything at all...

Later I also enlisted @EffieFrag for some (rather extensive..) derp fixing in easter Eriador, many thanks to her for being ever eager to help ;P

Last edited:
Thank you for the excellent tour yesterday!

As discussed after the tour, your trial period is being extended to Saturday, 6 March. Don't forget to keep updating your application during this time.

~Smaug

Today I ran a private tour of Moria at the request of an adventurer, we spent about ~2 hours going around there.

As discussed I will now start adding my discord/chat/general activity to the application updates. At @ooitsbirdo's advice I will be posting an update every 2/3 days. I will try to be as thorough about it as I can.

An update on my discord activity (Feb 20-22)... As a disclaimer, I should note that this "log" is rather incomplete and not entirely consistent, because making a complete one is impractically time consuming. I am intentionally omitting any activity in #Lore-Discussions, since everyone knows I am active there. Timestamps are approximate and given in UTC.

You might also notice variation in detail between days, resultant from how much time I had when writing this down...

Discord Log 20/02 (Saturday)
  • VC:
    • VC1: 8am - 10pm; private Moria tour with an adventurer (another one joined for a bit too).
    • VC1: ~11am — 12pm: Talked to Birdo for a while.
    • VC2: ~ 12:15pm — 13:30 (lot’s of people).
    • Events: joined Credoo’s tour (~4pm-6pm).
    • VC1: ~18:20 w/ Melkor and Haldir.
  • Server Chat:
    • 7am - 9am (logged into the server). Met TheFro2 and talked for a while.
  • Support:
    • Responded to Arch at 10:43.
    • Petitioned the lowering of commoner-chat cool down (@ 14:00).
    • Sporadic activity in the evening…
  • Off Topic:
    • 10:15 — Met Sam of Seagull and talked with him for a bit.
    • On and off conversation (17:30-19:30).
  • Commoner Chat:
    • Sporadic activity.
  • Dev Public:
    • Update on shroom blocks
    • Proposal for server-chat char limit (14:20).
-----
Discord Log 21/02 (Sunday)
  • VC:
    • Events: (7pm-8pm) Listened in to Johny’s build battle.
  • Server Chat:
    • 6am - 8am; talked to a bunch of people, had an interesting talk with Ardelenia and Mithlondel which somehow evolved into a debate about the past and participle forms of “yeet”, with the candidates being “yote”, “yate”, “yeeten” and the all-boring “yeeted” (no conclusion reached...).
    • 11:30 - 14:40 (general talk, welcomed/helped some Adventurers, banter with Hypr etc…)
    • On for a bit ca. 6pm
  • Support:
    • Answered an adventurer’s question (1pm).
  • Off Topic:
    • Sporadic.
  • Commoner Chat:
    • 6am - suggestions for animations (reply to Maski).
-----
Discord Log 22/02 (Monday)
  • VC:
    • Events: 19:00 — 20:00 listened in to Stephen’s tour.
  • Server Chat:
    • Good morninging people at 3am…
    • 8:20 — 9:40
    • 10:20 — 10:50
    • 11:20 — 11:45
    • 15:25 — 17:20
    • 16:15 - seems I had a little stroke while writing that…
    • 18:30 — 20:00
  • Support:
    • 5:15
    • 18:55
  • Off Topic:
    • 5:15
    • 9:35 —
    • 14:35 —
  • Creations Feedback:
    • 9:35 — (for some reason I was sure this was #off-topic haha)
  • Screenshot Feedback:
    • 8:20
  • Commoner Chat:
    • 9:10 —
--------------

In conclusion of this update I would also like to say that I am honestly thankful for the feedback - having increased my activity I actually feel better about my application and feel much more involved. Shame I haven't done so sooner, but oh well... But late than never, right?

Long update? Why not?!

Today many people were asking for a tour, and so @Haldir_123 and I felt the need to oblige ;P
So, after a tiny bit of planning (~3 minutes...) we decided to do a tour of the big mazes on the map - I did the Paths of the Dead (again, I know...), and then Haldir took over for a trek through the sewers of Minas Tirith. After the tour was technically over and Haldir had to go I stayed for a while longer and we just went through a bunch of beautiful and impressive locations such as Dol Amroth, Edhellond, Minas Aduial, Lostfalls, Mount Monachus, Glittering Caves, Araburg, Andrew's Castle, and my favourite spot on the map (wanna know what it is? come to Choose Your Tour tomorrow ;P).

2021-02-25_19.36.59.png

Now since I'm posting an update already, might as well do the discord logs now...

Discord Log 23/02 (Tuesday)
  • Server Chat:
    • 5:20 — 5:35
    • 6:40 — 15:20
    • 12:00 (after managing to solve an adventurer’s rp problem, Green Giant now owes me chocolate).
  • General:
    • 10:35
  • Off Topic:
    • 11:10
    • 13:30 — (Banter with Iru mostly)
  • Screenshot Feedback:
    • 11:30
  • Commoner Chat:
    • 10:00 —
    • 13:00 — 14:00 (Sam_Gardner ftw)
  • Dev Public:
    • 10:55 (helped an adventurer to report a strider sighting)
    • 12:50 (warp adjustment suggestion)
--------------

Discord Log 24/02 (Wednesday)

• VC:
    • VC1: 20:15 - 23:30 (@Orruss recorded my troubles with the bedsheets, see his notes in Off-Topic today)
  • Server Chat:
    • 2:45 — (Morning? Sure why not, who needs sleep anyway…)
    • 10:50 — 14:00
    • 11:25 (Who microwaves chocolate??? @Green_Giant)
  • General:
    • 7:35 — 8:00
    • 11:20
    • 12:00 — 12:30
  • Off Topic:
    • 13:30
    • 15:40 — 16:40 (sporadic...)
    • 19:50 — 20:50 (showing off my new books...)
    • 23:50 — 00:05 (who needs sleep???)
  • Voice-Chat:
    • 23:25 — 23:55 (aftermath of the bedsheet breakdown mentioned above)
--------------

Discord Log 25/02 (Thursday)
I wasn't very diligent in recording this today, sorry...
  • VC:
    • No idea when I joined, but I was on vc4/vc3 for the better part of the day (~10am onwards)...
    • ... then switched to Events for my tour (see above) and Lore Hour.
  • Server Chat:
    • 8:00 — 9:00
    • 12:00 — 13:00
  • Off Topic:
    • 12:20 — 12:40
  • Creations Feedback:
    • There might be a bit of an activity from me here in a couple hours ;P
  • Voice-Chat:
    • 12:00 — 12:30 (cat pics!)
There might be some more stuff that's gonna happen today, I may update this post if I have anything meaningful to add.

Choose Your Tour round 3 happened today, a loud round of applause to my co-host today - the wonderful @Haldir_123 !

In yesterday's post I teased about my favourite spot on the server, so here it is - this is where I started the even this time:
2021-02-26_20.35.27.png

(A lovely spot just south-south-west of Tarnost)

In todays Choose Your Tour, @TheStephen got the first choice and took us to the Carrock, the @Orruss asked for Tharbad, JobDeBroer chose Annúminas, then @_Emeryld asked for the brand new Sauron Temple in PotD (it's not like I told him to choose it, not at all!), Syl asked for Rivendell, and finally @HyprNinja requested Iant Dirnen (but the @FoxySeamus almost killed him, so I was very benevolent and allowed him to choose a location as well - he chose Erebor...).

2021-02-26_21.25.24.png

The whole event lasted for approximately 1:20 hrs, and was a lot of fun. Many thanks to all who joined, and I hope to see you again for Choose Your Tour round 4 in a couple of weeks!

I posted discord updates yesterday and to be perfectly honest I am too lazy to do another one right now, so that'll come tomorrow or in a couple of days.

Choose Your Tour round 3 happened today, a loud round of applause to my co-host today - the wonderful @Haldir_123 !

In yesterday's post I teased about my favourite spot on the server, so here it is - this is where I started the even this time:
View attachment 21707
(A lovely spot just south-south-west of Tarnost)

In todays Choose Your Tour, @TheStephen got the first choice and took us to the Carrock, the @Orruss asked for Tharbad, JobDeBroer chose Annúminas, then @_Emeryld asked for the brand new Sauron Temple in PotD (it's not like I told him to choose it, not at all!), Syl asked for Rivendell, and finally @HyprNinja requested Iant Dirnen (but the @FoxySeamus almost killed him, so I was very benevolent and allowed him to choose a location as well - he chose Erebor...).

View attachment 21706

The whole event lasted for approximately 1:20 hrs, and was a lot of fun. Many thanks to all who joined, and I hope to see you again for Choose Your Tour round 4 in a couple of weeks!

I posted discord updates yesterday and to be perfectly honest I am too lazy to do another one right now, so that'll come tomorrow or in a couple of days.
I had a lot of fun on this tour! I'm a big fan of Choose your tour. The questions in between really improve the interaction between the hosts and the participants. It's really nice that the participants can choose the locations aswell, which makes the tour more exciting and more varied. Both Hover and Haldir know their lore really well and succeeded in answering all my questions. Great tour!

I ran some Hide and Seek today, first in the City of the Dead and then in Breredon, Buckland (I did /warp random three times and landed there).
[Of course I did not cheat, don't listen to @_Emeryld!]

My computer decided to not save my screenshots today, so RIP that...

While we're, lemme do the discord thing again (stop laughing @Johnyeric !!)
[Disclaimer: I think my brain ran away, so this is a bit of a mess, sorry.]

--------------
Discord Log 26/02 (Friday)

• VC:
    • VC2: 16:45 — I have no idea until when, it seems my brain committed suicide yesterday and I am really struggling to remember what I did these past few days lol...
    • Events: 18:30 — 21:00 (Choose Your Tour and then I joined Hypr's PvP).
  • Server Chat:
    • 7:15 — 8:00(talked about Barad-dûr's height haha)
    • 22:00
  • General:
    • 15:30 — (btw, it appears that when I don't write a timestamp after the hyphen it causes some confusion, so to explain: when I write it like this, I mean that the messages referenced were sent in a span of just a few minutes and there's no sense in adding the ending-time, because it all happens around the initial timestamp, so yeah, this isn't a mistake @Johnyeric).
  • Off Topic:
    • Some sporadic activity... Btw no one answered me then, so I'll ask again here - does anyone have access to "J.R.R. Tolkien: Artist and Illustrator"? Please dm me if you do.
  • Creations Feedback:
    • ~ 21:00/22:00 of the previous day (25th) — (posted my Tengwar for Quenya reference sheet, worked on it most of the previous day, and I noted that I might post it in the previous log so here we go...).
  • Screenshot Feedback:
    • A couple messages here and there...
--------------

Discord Log 27/02 (Saturday)

• VC:
    • Events: 10:00 — 12:15 (Replay mod workshop with Haldir and Johny).
    • Events: 15:00 — 16:00 (@Haldir_123's Song Contest Event).
    • VC3/4/Events: 16:00 — god knows when... (Haldir's afterparty, then my mini-games, then some tour planning with @_Emeryld, then Llama's tour, then just chatting with Haldir and @Orruss etc...)
  • Server Chat:
    • 7:35 — 10:00 (Came online at some point, idk when)
  • Support:
    • 8:30 (ahh, this is when I came online - I checked if newplayer was down, since I have perms to warp there)
  • Off Topic:
    • 9:45 — (I announced the addition of the Chronicles of the Madness of HoverKing to the Common Room library - see the discord log for 24/02 above).
  • Creations Feedback:
    • 11:25 (Tengwar calligraphy I did this morning).
--------------

As one can see, it may appear that my activity went down in the last couple of days, but that is not exactly the case - since this is the weekend and I am not at work (90% of the time, at any rate), I can actually spend time online, which is not included in the discord log....

Quick before the forums die again!

Yesterday I ran some Hide and Seek (at @KingRocketII 's behest) in Dol Calen and Dol Amroth, soon after Melkor's trial tour ended. This I forgot to take screenshot T_T

While we're here...
To be perfectly honest, idk what went on with me over this weekend, but it appears that my ability to log my activity on the discord log has been... lacking, to be gentle about it. I actually contemplated skipping the 28th altogether and hope nobody notices, because it looks kinda awful, but I'd rather be fair and up front about this. I was much more active this Sunday than the discord log would suggest, but I simply can't reconstruct it properly (mostly the vc's)...

--------------
Discord Log 28/02 (Sunday)
  • VC:
    • On and off vc for most of the day
  • Server Chat:
    • 10:30 — 11:30
  • Off Topic:
    • 15:00 (I sent a meme o_O)
--------------

Discord Log 01/03 (Monday) [had a really long day at work lol]
  • VC:
    • Events: 19:00 — 22:00 (Melkor’s trial tour, then stayed on to chat with people, then ran some Hide and Seek - see above)
  • Server Chat:
    • 3:35 — 4:10
    • 13:40 — 14:40
  • Off Topic:
    • 21:30 — 21:50 (talking about Christopher and allegory…)
  • Screenshot Feedback:
    • 10:30 — (tried to help Melkor with figuring out his GPU)
--------------

For the remaining 3-4 days of my trial period I will try to do better in logging my activity, so please bear with me.

--------------
[Edit-to-add]

At the request of an adventurer I just did an early morning tour. @Haldir_123 (and at some point @ConfusedLlama_ and @Melkor_Belegurth too) joined us too, so at one point we had 4 guides (or applicants) and one adventurer lol...

Showed him some key locations - Brandyhall, Old Man Willow, Bree, Amon Sûl, the Ford of Bruinen, Rivendell, the Doors of Durin, Mirrormere, Lothlórien, Isengard, Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, Tarnost, Minas Aduial, Dol Amroth and finally the Paths of the Dead (wow that's a long list actually). He promised to come back for more ;P

Last edited:
Right, this is gonna be my last discord-log before the end of my trial period, and hopefully ever (I will be rather absent tomorrow due to family stuffs).

--------------
Discord Log 02/03 (Tuesday)
  • Server Chat:
    • 7:00 — 8:10
    • 10:40 — 11:45
    • 13:00 — 13:30
    • 16:25 — 16:35
  • General:
    • 16:20
    • 18:20 —
  • Off Topic:
    • 10:50