• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Improve Rohan

Do you think these improvements are needed ?

• Total voters
I have not read most of the comments above, simply because these discussions go on and on time to time. It is waste of time discussing whether Rohan needs a revamp or not, because everyone knows it needs a great revamp. And a great revamp takes a lot of time, lot of work and planning, and lots of builders. I recommend you to take a look at our beloved dynmap; there are sand everywhere, and you can find unfinished projects all around. Please just leave this discussion, and let us focus on finishing gondor once and for all, and lets start on mordor, which everyone clearly wants to do. Not only that: we have a great mine to dig. And on top of that mine, we have plenty of terrain to do. Lets just appreciate that we have a Rohan at all, and focus on doing other projects which havent been started on, like Grey Havens, all the damn mountains, Erebor, Mirkwood, Mordor etc etc etc... If we start revamp all we currently have, we will NEVER get to start on new projects. I believe this is an endless discussion about whether quality goes over quantity or vice versa.

Lets just appreciate that we have a Rohan at all, and focus on doing other projects which havent been started on, like Grey Havens, all the damn mountains, Erebor, Mirkwood, Mordor etc etc etc... If we start revamp all we currently have, we will NEVER get to start on new projects. I believe this is an endless discussion about whether quality goes over quantity or vice versa.
I would appreciate Rohan, but it is "waste of time" because Rohan isn't enjoyable, Edoras or Aldburg are fine, but the rest is too bad for MCME. However, I understand what you mean about concentrating ourself on the current projects and that's what we discussed about over, and it's never a waste of time to discuss with people like you.

I would appreciate Rohan, but it is "waste of time" because Rohan isn't enjoyable, Edoras or Aldburg are fine, but the rest is too bad for MCME. However, I understand what you mean about concentrating ourself on the current projects and that's what we discussed about over, and it's never a waste of time to discuss with people like you.
Okay but you are holding previous builds to new standards, which isn’t fair. MCME has been evolving continuously in terms of build style over the last 7 years of existence. In some ways I kinda like that some small rohan towns are not as good as some small Gondor towns because it reminds me of the progress that has and will be made.

In some ways I kinda like that some small rohan towns are not as good as some small Gondor towns because it reminds me of the progress that has and will be made.
Ahhh, nostalgy ! I know this feeling, but we should be turned to the future, not to the past.

Perhaps a better project, if you are really interested in improving previous builds, would be improving the handful of northern Gondor villages (above Minas Tirith). To Tyr's point, this region is comparatively less likely to be completely redone in the future to my understanding.

The project would entail increasing farmland and perhaps adding some of the new blocks/decor/etc.
Not to be that guy and bring a revamp thread back up, but, I genuinely think this would be a good way to make a bunch of jobs. To be clear, I am only suggesting two improvements to Northern Gondor, The first, expanding the cultivated land and pastures. Compared to the rest of Gondor these farms are too small to even feed a family. The second, redo the river sources as currently they go from 100 to 0 in about 10 blocks of distance.

qeiUhRa.png

Not to be that guy and bring a revamp thread back up, but, I genuinely think this would be a good way to make a bunch of jobs. To be clear, I am only suggesting two improvements to Northern Gondor, The first, expanding the cultivated land and pastures. Compared to the rest of Gondor these farms are too small to even feed a family. The second, redo the river sources as currently they go from 100 to 0 in about 10 blocks of distance.
We also need to expand the wood of Anorien, but I love your idea.

qeiUhRa.png

I'd be in for that! At least its something i would be usefull for. After all farms and terrain is kinda my thing right... :p

qeiUhRa.png
To be honest I was thinking the same thing because we want Gondor done and as its one of the focuses now, maybe we should just get it all to a good standard.