• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Issues connecting to mcmiddleearth.com (Can't resolve hostname)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finrod_Amandil

Former Head Designer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Dear devs and @q220

Since a few days (less than a week i think) I'm very often having problems to connect to servers, forums and dynmap. This has never occurred before. The issues are irregularily appearing; it's even possible that Build server is accessible while Freebuild is not; mostly its resolved automatically after a short time (its nevertheless annoying).

Internet connection is fine; all other websites are accessible as usual.

Was anything mcmiddleearth-side changed and/or is anyone getting the same issue?

Screens:
Server list:
5vcb34.jpg

Trying to access build.mcmiddleearth.com via Direct Connect:
16jq1y9.jpg

Error page for Forums and Dynmap (with translations of german texts)
692rew.jpg

Config:
Windows 7 64-bit
+ Google Chrome

Minecraft 1.7.10
+ Forge; JourneyMap Mod, Shaders Mod, Optifine
+ Liteloader; daflight

Attachments

• 5vcb34.jpg
    5vcb34.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 313
  • 16jq1y9.jpg
    16jq1y9.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 330
  • 692rew.jpg
    692rew.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 374
Looks like your isp domain name servers are very rubbish in resolving hostnames, can be because they are working on some of their services. I advise switching to Google Public DNS https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

It should properly resolve the hostname again then, otherwise there might be a program that prevents you from sending a resolve request.

Another solution is to get the IPs for the servers and connect to them. 'ping <server name>' will give you the ip on both unix and windows. Best of luck. (Google will be much easier though)

Status
Not open for further replies.