• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Izarogadoz_'s Artist_Application

Sires Designers,

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Happy new year !!

It is my pleasure and honor to present to you tonight this new, albeit somewhat brief, plant update.

-First, in a plot in the Gladden Fields Marshes that @aylalya was kind enough to give me, I tried to elevate and mix the vegetation a bit.

-Secondly, I built a large tree under the direction and guidance of @Andrewpioneer

-Furthermore, I made a pine for@TheStephen in the Tol Sirion project

I have the honour to be, noble followers, Your Majesties’ humble and obedient servant.

Sincerely,

Izaro
p.png

Last edited:
Sires Designers,

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Happy new year !!

It is my pleasure and honor to present to you tonight this new, albeit somewhat brief, plant update.

-First, in a plot in the Gladden Fields Marshes that @aylalya was kind enough to give me, I tried to elevate and mix the vegetation a bit.

-Secondly, I built a large tree under the direction and guidance of @Andrewpioneer

-Furthermore, I made a pine for@TheStephenin the Tol Sirion project

I have the honour to be, noble followers, Your Majesties’ humble and obedient servant.

Sincerely,

Izaro
View attachment 26648
Contact me for some Ruined Anorien Village Stuff

UPDATE !

1) I updated a Moria Hall I built in freebuild : I finished the ceiling, and I redid the top of the wall, above the 2 doors.

2) I built a Beach House, in a plot in Agar, directed by @aylalya .

3) I built a Moria Mining Structure, in a plot in Plotworld, directed by @Wyattrox03 .

4) I built White_wool_walls at Moria East Gate, in a plot in Moria, directed by @aVeryAngryBadger .
it's a good choice to remove those 2 crystals from your previous hall version. though for the rest, I don't really notice much difference

it's a good choice to remove those 2 crystals from your previous hall version. though for the rest, I don't really notice much difference
Well, as I said, I updated it.. so only a few things are different. The differences are that I finished the ceiling (the middle "dome" wasn't done), and yeah, I redid the part with the 2 crystals

Hey Izaro, hope you're doing well. I'll just add a bit of the feedback here that I gave you when you were working at West Gate and Tol Sirion with me, so there's a record of it. There's also some extra stuff for you to try out.

West Gate - the work you'd done on the northern side of the steps and then along the southern lake shore turned out pretty well. The smoothing was done well, and the scree/rockfall areas definitely tidied up the landscape and added some nice little elements of details.
For a future piece of work, you could try building a larger rockfall/landslide area (if you haven't done one already). Make sure for the bigger landslides that you use the large boulder blocks and remember these tend to look best when partially buried.

Tol Sirion - You did some nice work on the pine trees we were building together, the shape ended up pretty good, as did the height. What I'd suggest next is you try out some of the more complicated shapes for coniferous trees: like these Scots Pines in the image below.
Good luck, keep going with this. You've made loads of progress from where you started off.
S
ScotPine-1.jpg

Hey Izaro, as promised, here's the record of the feedback I gave you in game for your Beorn's house build based on Fonstad's layout in the Atlas of Middle-earth.

Overall shape and size are good: the hall is long and fits Tolkien's description well. Try moving the pillars 1 more block out from the centre to give the table and fireplace a bit more room.

Reduce the size of the veranda at the southern side as Fonstad makes it a bit too big, and it'll seem odd. Pillar spacing was fine for this area though.

Add some doors in the side of the main hall as entrances to the long wings you've added that form the arms of the courtyard. Whilst Tolkien doesn't describe these, having no entry into the side wings you've added seems a bit odd, so you probably need to add these for practicality purposes.

Up to you whether you do thatch or wooden tiles for the roof - either could work, just remember the smoke hole that's mentioned above the fireplace.
It's looked well planned out so far, looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

S

Last edited:
We are going to need you to focus on building structures not terrain. I am pretty confident in your ability to participate in jobs but we need to flush out some of the bugs in your structure work. I am going to recommend you focus on A&U builds, and Anorien builds since they are the easiest current styles.