• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled JarNO_WAY's artist application

JarNO_WAY

Slab Fanatic
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Date joined: 18-4-2018

I have screenshots of all my builds and jobs in this imgur album, that's also where all the coördinates are:

I also have done a lot of work on a dwarven hall, and it looked really neat in my opinion, but the textures got messed up in the last rp update, so in case you want to check it out and somehow fix it, warp to old castles and fly southwest to the big stone box, that's the hall.

interests: I love building dwarven and all types of gondorian. besides that I love interior design and detailing, and I also enjoy tinkering in terraforming. I could spent hours finetuning those last 3.

motivation: I love MCME (yes, really) and I would like to put as much work into it to make sure projects get completed faster; therefore I'd love to become artists, especially I'd be interested to work on gondor and moria, and perhaps some portions of andrast if it still needs work done. I'm totally happy to do whatever job I'm needed for, whatever it could be.

hope you'll consider me!

Hey JarNo
Marhses:
The shape of the river looks quite fine.
- The holes in your marsh look too random, take a look at the fenmarsh for comparison
- Play around with more height differences, you can easily stack these plants up to achieve many different heights
- Maybe try to organize your veg a bit more, eg. have reeds closest to the water, dryer plants on places far away from water, more plants in groups/clumps ...

Anorien houses:
In general the houses' exteriors look alright
- Could use some small details around the exterior to make it look more lived in. (Small vegetable garden, little path outside, a tree, a cart, a stall, start of a farm, a sign for shops...
- Try not to make your houses consist of one big room, rather section them up.
- Would not use tiles unless in a very fancy house
- The lime beds look quite disturbing colour wise, use the grey or dark blue ones
- Don't use cobwebs for smoke

Good luck on your application for Artist, it'll be a bit of a transition from guide, but you seem to already have a decent start.

A very small update; I make a burial mound with a tomb interior, Elendil's tomb to be exact.

2020-11-16_01.02.47.png
2020-11-16_01.03.02.png

Hey Jar

Dol Guldur
- The wall design is pretty good indeed, maybe a bit too mossy, especially with the lack of vegetation around
- The collapsed tower is too much, it's about a careful mix between blocks and models, if you use too many of one it stands out. Use way less of the models and add regular blocks/more simple models.

Moria Interior
- The cobblestone mix in the walls looks odd
- Too many blocks mixed in general
- Make your floor a different colour from your walls, go for cyan terracotta, bricks and dark cobble maybe
- Don't use stone as beams, rather add pillars/arches
- Don't use wood to support the stone ceiling.

Farm house
- The house itself looks pretty nice in general, mainly due to the exterior details and the nice wall gradient.
- Add a outline of grass around the crops next to the wall, they'd not grow right up to it. They'd also be less full grown on the edges.
- Not sure what the wire around the chickens is supposed to be.
- Chicken coop is a bit big
- The outline around the roof is a bit too much, maybe remove the wood on the bottom edge of the roof.
- A bit weird to have different plants on the sides of the road.
- A small vegetable garden is always nice for a farmhouse
- Trees

Jar, I'm glad you now applied for artist because I thought it was really sad you resigned as a guide. You were always one of my favourite guides and I think you'll serve this server well as you did before.

Hey Jar:

- Doorways as wide as on your middle house are rather unrealistic.
- Think about the blocks you're using, looking at the general atmosphere it seems to me like a medium - poor district, however you're adding statues, using marble, fancy pillars, bright and clean floors... quite a contradiction
- Street also looks surprisingly clean.
- Why are the houses one block above street level?

Hey Jar:

- Doorways as wide as on your middle house are rather unrealistic.
- Think about the blocks you're using, looking at the general atmosphere it seems to me like a medium - poor district, however you're adding statues, using marble, fancy pillars, bright and clean floors... quite a contradiction
- Street also looks surprisingly clean.
- Why are the houses one block above street level?
In response to the height of houses, in old cities you can see houses/doorsteps often elevated above street level, because long-term use would slowly make the street deeper and deeper, especially if it's unpaved. I'd imagine this street was dug in a bit due to heavy use before it was ultimately paved.
Thanks for the advice, I'll take it to heart! <3