• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Java

FireFuss

Hardcore MCME-er
Supporter
Credits
XP
Anyone know a lot about it?

I finally got my old laptop working, but java is oooooolllld and I couldn't update it from the java updater. So I deleted it all together, now when I try and install it from java.com I get the initial installer downloaded, it offers me free toolbar crap (that I decline), then.... NOTHING

It never goes any further. I've tried the online and offline install versions.

I kinda need java to play MC

Anyone know wtf I should do?

Java doesn't fully support Windows XP so if you are using Xp that might be why it is not working for you.

Java works fine in XP, otherwise I'd have a hard time using it at this moment. :p

well screw it, I was able to download steam and all my games from my library but I cant play MINECRAFT!?

I might end up getting a new laptop later, but for now, still no MC at wurk, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUdge

Such insight, such wisdom, such.... such... wait, what?
Sorry, I wasn't clear:
It is a site where you can click on the bits and download the things that install the stuff better than the one that you went on to click on the baps and press the bips that downloaded the boop that didn't install the bop that you wanted.

(Don't use java.com)

it didnt work either, no matter what bit I clicked to get the boop the bips must not work with my baps or bops and it makes the whole thing mess up.

Now I get a NTLDG is missing error when trying to boot up. Fudge it, imma have to go into my reserves and spend a little dough to get a friggin laptop whose bits baps boops and bops are already in order.

Hey guys, Just a heads up, since this thread is about java, there is currently a Java virus going around on the internet, Claiming that you need to update and gives you the option to update it now, it looks something like this when it pops up:

java-software-critical-update-virus.jpg

Just some friendly advice for you guys while roaming the web.