• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Canceled Kaigomai's Guide Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaigomai

Expert Stream Digger
Supporter
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username : Kaigomai
Date Joined : 26 October 2020
What country are from: Germany
What time do you usually play online
: 19-23(gmt) right now, when the lockdown is over probably 19-21(gmt)
Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes
Do you talk on our voice communication? Yes
Why would you like to be a Guide?
I would like to become a guide, because I recently discovered how interesting the lore behind the Lord of the Rings actually is, and because I would love to give this enthusiasm to other people. I also like to explain things to people, and I love to hear it when someone understood something because of my help.
What makes a great Guide according to you?
A great guide is someone who is able to make any boring topic interesting. Someone, who entertains people, and who always makes sure that their tour is interesting. A guide should be calm, understanding, and easy to follow, and should always make sure, that everyone keeps up with his story.

Hello @Kaigomai

Thank you for applying for the rank of Guide.

We are in the process of reviewing your application and discussing it. You may be asked to carry out a trial period. This includes running minigames, tours, it events, some of which will be expected to be ran through voice chat on discord.

We'll get back to you soon. For now, if you have any other queries, please direct them towards myself, or any of the current guides.

Hello @Kaigomai

The guides have discussed your application and we have decided that we would like to see a trial tour from you. After this tour you may be asked to complete a trial period. This tour should be of one or more locations on the map and you should use Discord for the tour. The tour should also be no longer than 40 minutes. Please message me on Discord to arrange a time for your tour.

Good luck!

Thank you for your trial tour today, here are just a few reminders about your one month trial period that ends on Friday, 7 May.

As per the application guidelines, it's up to you to keep this post updated. Whenever you do a tour, minigame, event or so on, it's up to you to let us know in here and here only. This is the only place we will look at for progress on your application, we won't check anywhere else!

At some point during your period, you will be expected to complete another trial tour as well. Once again, it's up to you to let us know the details of that, specifically the date and time you'd like to do it and where you'd like it to take place. We won't prompt you to complete one, yet it's detrimental to the success of your application. It can be whenever you want, so long as you communicate your ideas over to us!

We'll support you through it. If there's anything you want announcing, in #alerts or #news, let us know in here. If there's anything you'd like the Guides explicitly to be at, then once again say it down below. We'll keep you updated from time to time, with feedback or updates regarding your application.

Good luck!

I ran a tour today
The topic was the rings of power, how they were created, what they were able to do, and how they ended up where they ended up.
I also took a screenshot at the end.
2021-04-13_21.27.22.png

I ran a tour of the main Cityies in Gondor today, with Osgiliath, Minas Tirith and and Morgul, Pelargir, Linhir, and Dol Amroth
It ran from 18.00 Utc to 18.40 Utc
And I remembered to take a screenshot :D
2021-04-24_20.39.28.png

To add something I wanted you, fellow reader to know, is that I wasn't able to do that much within the first and second week of my application, because I was still working on an Amphytheatre plot, together with W0rldunder, and I was really occupied with that, so I'm sorry that I wasn't able to do that much in those weeks

2021-04-24_22.33.00.png

2021-04-24_22.33.09.png

2021-04-24_22.33.43.png

2021-04-24_22.33.57.png

Last edited:
Okay, I don't know how to start these things, so I will come straight to the point. I would like to withdraw my guide application. This has a few reasons. One of them is, that I have a few personal things going on, and I feel like I can't give the dedication I would like to give, to the application. The application is adding pressure to these things, and I feel like I should reduce this pressure where I can. I also feel like doing tours is, at the moment, more a duty/responsibility, than something I do for fun. I know that there is a good amount of responsibility that comes with the rank, but at the moment, I feel like it is overshadowing the fun I should get from doing the tour. I thank everyone who helped me during my trial period, and I hope you understand my drive, and don't hold this withdraw against me. However I am still thankful for the experiences I was able to gather throughout this application, especially the minigames.

Very brave of you to do so. Minecraft Middle-Earth is meant to be a fun place that everyone can enjoy. So if you feel that it is overshadowing the fun then that is the right call for yourself.

Good luck with real life, and hope to see you around :)

-A

Status
Not open for further replies.