• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Canceled KillTheMetronome Artist Application

KillTheMetronome

Is going on an adventure!
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hey all!

I hereby would like to apply as for the title of Artist at Minecraft Middle Earth.

DATE:
I (actively) joined MCME in mid-March 2019.

JOBS AND PLOTBUILDS:

Plot Build/Job 1:

I helped Oberanio in Moria by designing a section of hallway (including floor, ceiling) and stairs The designs have been accepted as of 28-03-2019.
CLICK HERE FOR A FEW SCREENSHOTS

Plot Build/Job 2:
Helped NicovicTheSixth build a bridge in Moria. The design was finished and accepted on 30-03-2019.
I did the main design work and established the main structure. In addition I detailed the gates on both sides. I received input from a few other artists throughout the build which took me a few hours to finish (Including connecting it to the paths).
CLICK HERE FOR A FEW SCREENSHOTS

Freebuild 1:
I built a concept for what I think Dunlending's houses might look like. Since the Dunlendings live near and in the mountains of Rohan, in sparse areas, I imagined their houses to resemble Iron Age hamlet compounds like these. (link to image) This Chieftain's compound includes a main dwelling, a round house for the Chieftain's retainers/family members, a storehouse and a workshop, as well as a few fields and utility buildings like a makeshift bakery and a watchtower.

Check out a few screenshots BY CLICKING HERE or go see it for yourself on the Freebuild Map at coordinates 1659,5,257.

THEMED BUILDS:
Anorien Streets (-1374,5,38465), Updated March 3rd, 2019. A small group of houses and buildings in the Anorien theme.
CLICK HERE FOR SCREENSHOTS

ADDITIONAL BUILDS:
I have made a few creative mode builds in the past on my own. Links to a few image galleries:
- Ancyrya (summer 2015 solo creative)
- Unnamed WIP medieval city (2016 solo creative) This map was left unfinished due to a computer crash which caused the save to be lost. :(

I am also working on a (somewhat) realistic Dutch/Flemish medieval City WIP project (2018, 2019, ongoing solo creative project)
The goal of this project was to use Conquest Reforged to translate Brick Gothic architecture to Minecraft. The city is planned to be a representation of an early-to-mid 15th century
Medieval Dutch/Flemish town. The city is about 45% completed building-wise and currently features:
- A castle (based on the Muiderslot floor-plan)
- A main church and four smaller chapels
- A large City Hall
- A small Beguinage
- An underground tunnel system
- Weighing halls
- Various shops, houses, courtyards and other buildings
Planned featuers include but are not limited to:
- Port sections with Cog and Holk ships.
- More houses, shops, workshops, storehouses and other buildings
- Detailing existing exteriors and adding interiors.

YOUR INTERESTS:
As you can probably tell I love building in medieval/fantasy styles. I have most experience in these styles and like to work on large projects in my own time.
I'd love working on anything really. If I had to choose, I'd think that Rohan or Anorien would fit me best.

YOUR MOTIVATION:
I've been on this server every day since I joined and not a day has gone by when I was not awe-struck by one of the builds. Also, I learned a lot from the feedback I was given on my Plot Build and Theme Build, allowing me to understand and grow into the style that MCME has embraced. I think that as an Artist, I would grow even more and be able to contribute to the fantastic project that is MCME.

Thank you for your time! Hope to see you online soon!

Last edited:
Hello Metronome! I like all the stuff on your application but one thing I want to point out is in the "Your Motivation" section you say you think artist will help you grow and artist on MCME is not to help people grow as builders but help Middle Earth grow. So you need to basically learn your stuff before getting the rank not while having it.

Hello Metronome! I like all the stuff on your application but one thing I want to point out is in the "Your Motivation" section you say you think artist will help you grow and artist on MCME is not to help people grow as builders but help Middle Earth grow. So you need to basically learn your stuff before getting the rank not while having it.
Hey man, appreciate the reply. I think you interpreted what I said wrong. I don't think any artist (or other builder) on the server hasn't learned a new thing or two whilst working on MCME. That is my intention as well. Through helping to shape MCME, I'll undoubtably learn more as a builder. Af course making my creations look as good as possible is priority number 1.

ORIGINAL POST EDDITED 30-03-2019

Added Plot Build/Job 2: Bridge in Moria. See original post for details and screenshots.

Official Update on Status
**Application Canceled**
This application has been canceled for being too inactive. Contact me on discord or forums, to re-open it!