• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Lond Daer inspiration

barteldvn

Head of Building
Staff member
Vala
Supporter
Credits
XP
This is the thread for Lond Daer related inspiration/concept art. Concepts can be for ruining, vegetation, interiors, towers, walls, statues... This is no place for discussions. Any off-topic replies will be deleted.
You can provide a short description if deemed necessary, but try to keep it simple.

heather-heath-land-new-forest.jpg

Here's some pictures of the North Yorkshire Moors, which I live near.

This is the type of coastline I imagine with the second picture being slightly closer to Andrast

download (4).jpeg
Hayburn-Wyke-©-NYMNPA.jpg

Then this is general terrain and hills around Lond Daer

web-n-york-moors-getty.jpg

And these would be slightly more mountainous areas

getlstd-property-photo.jpg
north-york-moors-national.jpg

I didn’t read the entire thread, but make sure you take a look at the climate that is present on that area on the map. I believe there are climate maps online for each region of middle earth. Might give you some more inspiration.

I didn’t read the entire thread, but make sure you take a look at the climate that is present on that area on the map. I believe there are climate maps online for each region of middle earth. Might give you some more inspiration.
Ye I think that eriol does stuff like that even without climate maps.