• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

MCME Book Club

HyprNinja

Builds diagonally
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
:ringmcme:
MCME Book Club
:ringmcme:

1620053875148.png
Welcome fellow Tolkien enthusiasts! It is with great joy and excitement that I and my fellow Guides @junoknight and @HoverKing present to you the MCME Book Club.

"What is this?" you might ask. Well, pretty much exactly what it sounds like. Every other Friday at 5pm UTC starting Friday, May 7, we will be reading and talking a bit about Tolkien's literary works. To kickstart this event, we will be reading our way through the classic The Hobbit over the next few months.

So, grab your copy of it, or just sit back and listen, and join us every other Friday for the MCME Book Club!

Now you may be wondering what this forum thread is for. After each session, one of us, Juno, Hover, or I, will provide an overview of what we read and what happened in that meeting. This way, if you're joining us part way through the book, or if you missed a week, you can come here and catch up.

May 7, 2021 Overview
No, this is definitely not super late. Definitely not almost at the next session now. Anyhow, I missed the first part, but it seemed like it went very well. We had lots of people and they all seemed to enjoy it. So thank you all for coming!

Last time we went over the first chapter of The Hobbit. The introduction of Bilbo and the coming of the dwarves, the dwarves escapade into Bilbo's pantry, then the explanation of the quest. We also dived a bit into the backstory of the dwarves and the history of Erebor. Short update this time, the first chapter is pretty straightforward. We look forward to seeing you in a few days for chapter two!

May 21, 2021 Overview
Here we are again, with a post that is on time, not late. We had a great second session! Unfortunately, Hover was out this week, but I think Juno and I held the fort down fairly well.

This week we managed to get through chapters two and three! In the second chapter we met the trolls Bert. Tom, and William, and what could be called Bilbo's first escapade in his adventure. Then, because we had blown right through that chapter and the people wanted more, we continued on to chapter three where the company fo Thorin Oakenshield came to Rivendell. Here we met Elrond, and the dwarves learned a little more about Thror's map in the moon runes. Afterwards, we talked a bit about the swords Gandalf and the dwarves had found in the troll cave, Glamdring and Orcrist., both of these being swords made in the ancient elvish kingdom of Gondolin.

We had a blast this time, and we hope all of you can join us once again in a couple weeks!