• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Media Team Is Recruiting!

Sevy689

Experienced Member
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
BaseLogo512small.png

MCME Media Team is Recruiting!
recruitment post 1.png
Hi MCME! Media Team opening is recruitment. In other words, we need your help!

If you didn't know, the Media Team handles all of MCME's Social Media Channels: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube (although this is handled by a subset called Video Team). Everything from screenshotting, video-making, scheduling, organizing, caption-writing, and management for all the Social Media channels are handled by this team. Especially over the last year, the continuous dedication of this team has really grown MCME's Social Media presence.

However, 2021 comes with a string of new opportunities. As Media Team is gearing up to slowly expand its content into more engaging genres, we need more team members to help us out. Specifically, we need help with layouting.

So have you ever designed a poster for a school project? Put together a bullet journal that's aesthetically pleasing? Then I invite you to apply to layout with the Media Team!

Now before you say "What? Layouting? That's boring compared to taking badass screenshots!" consider that layouting has a whole lot of experimentation and opportunities for creativity too. And they don't require your potato computers to run shaders ;)

Here are some layouting samples to check out:
recruitment 3.png

From left to right, we go from just a few elements to plenty more. The bulk of the layouting will remain on the simple side, but it's a big plus if you have the patience for lots of elements!

Are you interested yet? Here are some requirements and details about the application process:

Requirements
Familiar with at least one digital software: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, GIMP, Powerpoint OR Canva.com - While we centralize our work on Canva.com, familiarity with a software indicates prior experience.

If you'd like to apply, please DM me the following:

1. In-game name
2. Previous experience/samples of stuff you've designed or laid out (just send the images through discord)
3. Why you're interested in joining Media Team
4. What you would add to the Media Team if you could

Be prepared to do some preliminary tasks as part of the brief application process.

You might ask: What if I want to join but have no layout experience?
Let me know you're interested and familiarize yourself with Canva.com basic design principles. If you can deliver samples within 3 days of you message me, I will consider your application.

Final Reminder! Although I will be evaluating your samples and giving you tasks for your application, your acceptance is dependent on both myself and @GingerlyGinger1 , my Media Team co-leader. Throughout your application process, expect to be interviewed by both of us at some point ;)

recruitment post 2.png

We're excited to hear from you!

Last edited: