• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Minigames World

SkyDrago101

Dirt Conaisseur
Credits
XP
Here's my pitch:

A Minigames world to hold everything like; Werewolf, PvP, Parkour, and other such things.
This would be pretty cool. Only Guides would be able to start Werewolf, or PvP, but Parkour, and other things will go there for players to enjoy at any time.
This world would likely have a hub themed after a place in Arda, maybe Valinor, or that first Minas Tirith, or something. This could be built in several jobs, and maybe even have some build contests for certain things. Having this world accaseble at anytime for smaller games could be the next step into having a Minecraft Community, as opposed to Discord community. Over all I think this would be pretty cool, and pretty good for the community.

~SkyDrago101 :)

Good idea! I think that it would be cool for different types of duels to be accessible to everyone at any given time, but larger pvp games would be ran buy guides. Parkour is a great idea and there could be timed parkour so you can try to beat your and everyone else's best times. Werewolf could have multiple maps, i think stoog might make more. There could even be other things to do that we haven't thought of yet, and if it was a place like minas tirith it wouldnt take too much work cause we could just copy and paste. Also, there could be step by step building guides for different types of buildings and stuff, and a new New Player World.

I like the idea, but one problem: we're a build server, not a minigames server. I think that a 'minigames world' would be used way too much. Yes, the community would be likely to grow, but those new players wouldn't be on the server to explore middle earth, join jobs, tours, events and sometimes a minigame, they would be here for the minigames world. We want to stay MCME, not turn into a hypixel knockoff.

A minigames world would drain the other worlds we currently have. That would also mean less people building so less progress. Dramaticly said: this would be the death of the server.

-pyro

a hub themed after a place in Arda, maybe Valinor,
@Mershy it is time

I don't get what the point is, why do mini games need their own world? Most of them rely on being in main/moria anyway. Parkour could be cool but if it were to be developed as part of the mini game plugin I think it would either take advantage of the main map or could just be done in plotworld (like werewolf).

@Mershy it is time

I don't get what the point is, why do mini games need their own world? Most of them rely on being in main/moria anyway. Parkour could be cool but if it were to be developed as part of the mini game plugin I think it would either take advantage of the main map or could just be done in plotworld (like werewolf).
The Lord Of The Rings GIF by Maudit

What if this whole thing was just a part of plotworld

I like the idea, but one problem: we're a build server, not a minigames server. I think that a 'minigames world' would be used way too much. Yes, the community would be likely to grow, but those new players wouldn't be on the server to explore middle earth, join jobs, tours, events and sometimes a minigame, they would be here for the minigames world. We want to stay MCME, not turn into a hypixel knockoff.

A minigames world would drain the other worlds we currently have. That would also mean less people building so less progress. Dramaticly said: this would be the death of the server.

-pyro
That's true, but everything here would still be Middle Earth based

Let's see, I'm having trouble replying the same way you guys are, so I'll address things manually.
First off, when I said Minas Tirith I was referring to the old one that was replaced, and I realized while reading what greencaver said that Numenor would also be a good candidate.
Second, this could actually be a good thing for server layout so that the PvP world isn't only ever used for PvP it would replace plot world in the use of Werewolf, and again more things.
Also; shhh, have a popsicle. Numbers two and three are mixed up.

I don't think it is too far outside of the realm of possibility to create a minigame hub. I feel having it in Plotworld would be way too confusing. Pretty much replacing the one we already have for PVP, and I think it would be a good idea as we do use the the minigames to build the community, and since most of them have to be started by a Guide it isn't like the focus of the server will change towards that.

Having a quick think about it and If we were to do it I don't see why we wouldn't build it into a location we wont build for a couple decades off. A miniature Numenor would be pretty cool imo. Spawning on Meneltarma and then each sector of Numenor is dedicated to a seperate minigame. Could be a cool Commoner Project in the meantime.

(forgot plotworld was a thing and was thinking of plotbuild)

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion!

Primarily mcme is a building server, but we have a whole range of other stuff that players can do on mcme including regular events, minigames, pvp, media creation, and more!

Events are sometimes built in freebuild which doesn't make them accessible to adventurers, however there is a very large area on our plotworld which is essentially an 'events hub' where events can be built and played, and it is accessible to all.

Currently only guides and badge holders are able to start minigames and only guides can do pvp. We need pvp on a separate world because of how the server works, but it wouldn't make sense for minigames to be played on a separate world because they can be started anywhere on the main map and there are loads of places to play them which creates a very good variety of minigames.

Custom events and minigames can be built in our plotworld events area and I could discuss with the guides how this area could be used better.

Primarily mcme is a building server, but we have a whole range of other stuff that players can do on mcme including regular events, minigames, pvp, media creation, and more!

Events are sometimes built in freebuild which doesn't make them accessible to adventurers, however there is a very large area on our plotworld which is essentially an 'events hub' where events can be built and played, and it is accessible to all.

Currently only guides and badge holders are able to start minigames and only guides can do pvp. We need pvp on a separate world because of how the server works, but it wouldn't make sense for minigames to be played on a separate world because they can be started anywhere on the main map and there are loads of places to play them which creates a very good variety of minigames.

Custom events and minigames can be built in our plotworld events area and I could discuss with the guides how this area could be used better.
I have some ideas on this as well, haven't made a forum post about it because it has to be thought out thoroughly.

Tbf even freebuild can be used for parkour
-_-

Good idea, if the event space in plotworld is used will it still be possible to revamp it and use something like minas tirith or somewhere in numerous to base it in? If you don’t know yet because you’re discussing it with the Guides first then that’s cool :)

yes but freebuild is not accessible to adventurers.
That’s cool you should make a post and then we can thoroughly think about it together :) :)

Update; the thing I had heard of before was that one by Nelman Black. I wasn't sure if a similar idea had been posted yet, but now I know.