• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Mordoor

I really think this door should have doorknob (I don't know why would someone made door without anything to open it). I know these are old doors but I don't think that doorknob will disappear over time. But what I think it is, it's a least something like this:
knocker-on-the-old-rustical-door-Greece-Crete-One-of-the-abandoned-house-in-Rethymno-Stock-Photo.jpg

The door you have pictured there would be sturdy enough to have a doorknob, not some flimsy planks as the texture is. A door like this would have a latch, and then just push anywhere on the door to open it.
Rustic-Wooden-Gate-483331.jpg

This type of door you have pictured there is mostly used as fence door (like for garden) with a a latch as you said and is about 2/3 the height of normal door. I think it is more somethnig like this (but more damaged and older)
464712095-ruined-door-of-an-old-chicken-coop-gettyimages.jpg
1413267218_31a29970da_m.jpg

But these are doorhandles, not doorknobs. While the latter implies some sort of turning or lifting mechanism that slides a bolt out of the door's frame, a handle is merely a place to hold the door as you open it, because I'm quite sure they wouldn't have doors that swing open both ways. Maybe Ryiw's intent was different, but I do not see knobs in the textures.

Agree with Arde, I'd too interprete that pixel as very simple handle which is very plausible to have even on such a door. Also I don't necessarily think that the door is very damaged, it's just a "primitive" makeshift construction consisting of a few planks nailed together.

Yes, handle is the right word, its only purpose is to hold the door as you open it. I also don't think that the door is very damaged just compared to picture it seems that planks have more crack holes (but not some serious damage, it is still fully functional door).

Now that the doors have been implemented, do you think you could design some icons for them for when they are in your inventory?

Here are icons for doors. I also made new door_wood and door_iron icons so they match door texture in every pack.

QLPikYg.png
door_wood:
T39l9GJ.png

door_iron:
9RFMCOk.png

door_spruce:
UnMbW35.png

door_birch:
gp67n43.png

door_jungle:
0oMjVjU.png

door_acacia: