• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

~ Moria Screenshot Contest ~

Givet10_

Worthy of Mordor
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
~ Moria Screenshot Contest ~

moria_screenshot_contest.png

Hello screenshotters of Middle-earth, the Events/Media team is back with another screenshots contest! This time for the anniversary events, you will have to go into the mines of Moria and try to make the best screenshots you can get. In those 11 years the server has been around, this has been the biggest project yet, so show the builders some love with your screenshots!

How to participate & rules of the contest:
- Join the MCME server and type /moria or warp to any place of your likeing inside moria.
- Only new screenshots made by yourself are allowed.
- All screenshots have to be taken in Moria, not on any other world
- You will send your screenshot under this post, limit: 3 per person!
- The contest will be judged by myself @givet10
- Deadline: 24:00 CEST/ 22:00 UTC Midnight on the 20th of October,

Useful tips for making moria screenshots:
- Use a shader that works in the dark, like "vertigo". (dm me if you want to download it).
- Make sure to have your FOV lower than 35 (for less streched pictures).
- Edit your screenshots the way you like it and think looks nice.
- Press F2 to make a screenshot and F1 to hide your inventory.
- Anymore questions you can send to me via discord.

Good luck, may the best Moria screenshot win!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone who participated in this screenshot competition, moria isn't the easiest place to take screenshots, but you guys did a good job! Here are the winners:

1st place: @Bohemian_Beetle
What can I say, good composition, nice angle, and just a very good edit, the colour really adds to the atmosphere of the shot, well done Beetle on winning yet another screenshot contest!

2021-10-19_23-41-06-edited-png.23843

2nd place goes to: @aylalya
This shot really shows that even with higher fov, a screenshot can still look good, I wonder which shader is used here, but it does work very well on the lighting of this screenshot of this small hall in moria. Nicely done aylaya!

moria1-jpg.23790

And the 3rd place of this competition goes to: @Firefly956
After a bit of help, Fire has been improving on making moria screenshots. And it shows with this shot, which has a nice angle and an interesting atmosphere, but the only thing that I miss, is some more colour in the shot, currently it's a bit too grey for my liking. Either way, well done Fire on getting 3rd!

1634650131753-png.23838